The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD) > SSD Firmware Update

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 01:05 PM

POST ID # = 519262
rolex0815 Reputation: 10

Exactly. LPM has nothing to do with the BIOS, it is OS related.
Try disabling it in Windows, Google should point you the way.

A second option leads to the BIOS: Try enabling Hot-Plug for the port where the SSD is connected. I'm now freeze-free for about 2 weeks.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
khalme's PC Specs

POST ID # = 519828
khalme Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Second, there are no large proportions based on the number of sales vs issues reported and RMAs.
It's very likely that most of the people experiencing these issues will not report an issue that 1) is not a show-stopper (such as this problem), and 2) they have knowledge of being under public discussion already.

I, for example, am suffering from this same problem and have not made an official report nor RMA'd my SSD for the reasons mentioned above. I can tolerate the rare BSOD's and drive dropouts couple of times a week for a while before taking the trouble of RMAing my primary system drive, if I know that the issue is publicly well known.

Therefore, I have to disagree with the quoted argument. I think it is very likely that the cause of this issue is present in just about every Force GT drive out there, probably even every 120GB SF-based SSD. It's just that the path from the root cause to problem manifestation and eventually raporting/RMA by the user is quite long and treacherous and dependent on the nature of the problem manifestation.

A tip of the hat for Corsair (and you) for being open about this stuff though. The purpose of this post was to underline the inaccuracy of the sales vs issues -measurement and not to bash Corsair.

Good day.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 519845
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalme View Post
Therefore, I have to disagree with the quoted argument.
He stated the data the ratio was based upon. You can't discount it just because you want to include data that he stated wasn't in the data set. Sorry, that's just not how statistics works.

Now keep in mind you BOTH could be right. The data set you have in mind is completely inclusive of his and therefore could shift the ratio when looking ar a larger data set.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
khalme's PC Specs

POST ID # = 519851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
He stated the data the ratio was based upon. You can't discount it just because you want to include data that he stated wasn't in the data set. Sorry, that's just not how statistics works.

Now keep in mind you BOTH could be right. The data set you have in mind is completely inclusive of his and therefore could shift the ratio when looking ar a larger data set.
Yes, of course. Sorry for being a bit one-sided. :)

Old 09-18-2011, 03:19 PM

POST ID # = 528485
sonoma825 Reputation: 10
Default all is well again

I happy to report that the second drives we received are working great. Its been a few weeks and I dont have any complaints. They are working fast and no blue screens or random freezing....

Old 09-19-2011, 06:24 AM
khalme's PC Specs

POST ID # = 528641

I'm happy to hear that BUT I also did not have any problems during the first ~month after I got my Force GT.
If you don't run into any problems during the next several weeks, I would be very interested to know.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Syops's PC Specs

POST ID # = 568609
Syops Reputation: 10

Just want to give a positive review for the Force GT.

I'm using the 120GB model. Works fast and is 99% trouble free.

Yes I have seen the BSOD, but that is attributed windows standby or hibernation modes. Since Microsofts inception of those features, they have never worked correctly. I usually disable them.

As for system hanging / freezing… Yes it does happen, but not often. In fact it only occurs maybe once a month. So really this is a ultra-fast 99% reliable hard drive. This drive has never crashed.. (NO DATA LOSS).

Before I purchased this drive I did some research. Since I was getting a new laptop I wanted to be sure of two things. Performance (Will I see it on the system.) and reliability (I have seen so many complaints about SSDs from all manufactures.) If there are issues, Corsair will stand behind their products. I can even say they will go out of their way to try and satisfy you.

The Force GT model is native SATA III. It does say it will work with SATA I and II. But why would you do that? It would be just a waste of money. Buy a cheaper drive for the SATA II and lower equipment. The Dell XPS 17 is SATA III. ;-) Very fast! Also whatever SATA I/O chipset you’re using, make sure it is updated with the latest or compatible firmware.

Also check compatibility of the other SATA devices on your computer. If you are using this drive with mixed levels of SATA gear (SATA III with SATA II) on the bus, that may be your issue. There really are countless issues that could be causing problems just by using older controllers and devices. Just check Youtube, there are a few videos with problems arising from secondary SATA devices being installed.
My configuration:
DeLL XPS17 Laptop
I7-QM
16 GB Ram
Drive 1: GeForce GT 120 SATA III
Drive 2: Western Digital 750 GB SATA III
Drive 3: BluRay Optical Drive SATA III