Corsair Community

Case Fans are not spinning

josejtroche

Hi,

I recently bought a corsair iCUE 220t Airflow case and install all the hardware components and my fans are lit but not spinning. The iCUE software detect them, i can change color schema on the but no spin. I double check connections on the board and the sata electric cable and they are good. The case bring the lightning node core and I wonder if its sufficient to manage the fans or I need to upgrade to the Corsair Commander Pro? Or there is something else that i'm missing?

Dear people of the realm thanks in advance for all the help that you can provide!!!

:laughing:

There are two connections for each of the fans - 1 for RGB (which you seen to have connected) and the other for the fan motor. Both must be connected. The fan motor connection should be on your motherboard. If they are connected to fan headers on your motherboard, you need to check your BIOS to make sure that they are enabled and configured properly - the same as you'd need to do with any case fan.

You can get a Commander Pro but it's not required at all. The Commander Pro would control the fan speeds, RGB, and provides temperature probes as well. But, again, it's not required.