Corsair Community

iCUE/Commander pro suggestion

Skiiwee29

Good morning!!

I would like to make a suggestion to build into iCue with the Commander Pro for fan RPMs. With the Ryzen 3000 series CPUs, they ramp up and down like crazy, sometimes in the 15c+ range. This causes fans to ramp up and down. Currently its polls and adjusts the fan almost instantly. Would love to see an option where we can set it to ramp up or down fan RPMs based on an average CPU temp over say 5 or 10 seconds rather than just constantly up or down, this does get a little annoying. Having this option would smooth out those spikes and not cause the fans to continually change speeds as a result and look more long term.

I use another software that has this functionality, Argus Monitor that I use to control my water pump on a 10s CPU average instead of having it adjust every second with the changes in CPU temps, so I know its possible.

I wasn't able to find this anywhere having been suggested before with my admittedly limited searching.

Hysterisis is a common request. However, it's better to not use the CPU temperature as the source for the fan curves and, with the Commander Pro, not only is there no need to, there's really no reason to.

Use the provided temperature sensors as the source for the fan speeds with a custom curve. As you have a liquid cooled CPU, CPU temp is even more inappropriate as the control source for the case fans.

Hysterisis is a common request. However, it's better to not use the CPU temperature as the source for the fan curves and, with the Commander Pro, not only is there no need to, there's really no reason to.

Use the provided temperature sensors as the source for the fan speeds with a custom curve. As you have a liquid cooled CPU, CPU temp is even more inappropriate as the control source for the case fans.

There is only 3 options as my source of temp to run my fans on, Temp 1, 2, 3.. which Temp 1 being my CPU temp, Temp 2 being my MB temp, and 3 being my CPU Socket Temp based on matching them in iCue to HWMonitor64.

I do have custom curves built with it and it doesnt matter unless I push them out pretty far to increase RPM levels. Not quite following your first part of why there would be no reason to increase fan speed based on my CPU temps since they get quite a bit hotter than my GPU under load since its in the same loop.

So you aren't using the temp sensors that come with the Commander Pro? You should.

Second ... as to using CPU temp ... question for you ... what is it that your case fans are cooling? Is it the CPU? (Answer: No). And where does the waste heat from the CPU go? Into the case? (No ... it's absorbed by the water in the liquid cooler). In a liquid cooled system, the CPU temperature is absolutely irrelevant to the case fans. GPU is more relevant. More relevant, still, is the internal case temperature. Which, conveniently, the Commander Pro's temp probes can measure for you.

Which goes, full circle, to what my initial recommendation was.

• 9 months later...

Hey i got the same problem as Skiiwee29 but i only use watercooling on my GPU because i dont have the space for another radiator to cool my CPU.

That's why i use an ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO for my CPU. And since the Dragon Center (MSI) is such a crappy tool loaded with bloatware i dont want to use this to control the cpu fan speed. And i dont really get why there is still no function to delay the speed up or down of the fans. And dont tell me to put one of the temp sensors on to my tower cooler for more accurate temperatures.

If this it wont get implemented i will switch to the Aqua Computer OCTO. Only reason i bought the commander pro was that its slim but at this point its just wasted potential.