Corsair Community

H150i Connections

icebreaker1984

Hi there,

Ive bought a H150i Pro 360mm AiO Cooling System for my Ryzen 9 3900x on my Asus Prime X470 -Pro Mainboard.

Now 3 questions...

1.) USB cable for Corsair iCUE Integration : Where do i plug it in?

There's a 'only USB' print on the Plug, but i dont think i should connect it in a USB12 or USB 34 (for Front-USB). There's a USB Plug-in-point on the Mainboard beside my CPU ,but it looks in the wrong direction. So i cant plug it in. Only from the backside, but there is no plug (its mirror-inverted).

2.) I have to plug my Cooling System on "CPU Fan" . So why there is also a "AiO Pump" Plug-in-point on my Mainboard? If i plug it there my PC dont start (No CPU FAN).

So ... to make it short.. 1.) USB Cable - where to connect?

2.) Is it right to plug it in "CPU Fan"?

Last but not least....

3.) Why my Fans always active and never stand still like others do?

Is there an option i didnt found to set it?

Sorry for my bad english - Talked (or wrote) last time more than 10 years before...

Hi there,

Ive bought a H150i Pro 360mm AiO Cooling System for my Ryzen 9 3900x on my Asus Prime X470 -Pro Mainboard.

Now 3 questions...

1.) USB cable for Corsair iCUE Integration : Where do i plug it in?

There's a 'only USB' print on the Plug, but i dont think i should connect it in a USB12 or USB 34 (for Front-USB). There's a USB Plug-in-point on the Mainboard beside my CPU ,but it looks in the wrong direction. So i cant plug it in. Only from the backside, but there is no plug (its mirror-inverted).

2.) I have to plug my Cooling System on "CPU Fan" . So why there is also a "AiO Pump" Plug-in-point on my Mainboard? If i plug it there my PC dont start (No CPU FAN).

So ... to make it short.. 1.) USB Cable - where to connect?

2.) Is it right to plug it in "CPU Fan"?

Last but not least....

3.) Why my Fans always active and never stand still like others do?

Is there an option i didnt found to set it?

Sorry for my bad english - Talked (or wrote) last time more than 10 years before...

1) That connector is meant to be plugged into a motherboard USB 2.0 header. Check carefully the manual and look for a free one. ASUS often does a messy job with USB headers, check for one that has full power and it's not shared with other connectors (like for example in my Crosshair VII).

2) You can plug it in both CPU or AIO_PUMP, the difference between the 2 headers is that the second always drives 100% enery, the first may vary depending on the BIOS setting. Let's say AIO_PUMP is the best solution.

3) Probably because in iCue you have binded the fans' speed to CPU temperature. Bind it to the AIO liquid temperature and you will avoid RPM spikes.

Baio

Ähm... i dont know what to say.... a few minutes after i asked the question, i installed the Corsair SW and tataaaa.. everythings fine. The (or my) problem was. I connected everything right ,but i had a "unplug usb device" message before i installed SW and thought there must be something wrong. After i installed the SW the message disappeared and it works as it should.

I just thought that there must be a problem because the msg and so i construct any silly idea that ive aybe plugged it in wrong..

Puh. That was bad english, but i hope u know what i mean :) if not.... im an idiot who didnt try to install the SW first ..