Corsair Community

Is this normal ? Key flickering.

Astrama

First i'm not a well english writer.

Then i have this issue : some key will display the default color that I put on the keyboard for some short milliseconds especially when I use the Rainbow Wave effect, it happens frequently, we talk about 3 to 8 times per minute. It also happens with other modes but it is more rare and with the Color Change effect some buttons will display a wrong color for a few seconds. I have already done a soft reset and I plug on 3.0 and 2.0 but nothing changes. By the way, I plug it on a laptop ROG G552VW I don't know if it can make some issues.

JtudOFB.gif

Edited by Astrama

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165411

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174510

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=163593

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161119

Yup.

I mean is this really ever going to be addressed by the CUE team or Corsair officially? This is really a joke. I've had 0 help with tech support on the issue. CUE manager doesn't even bother to answer me about this. You'll find someone in all of those threads first blaming garbage 3rd party USB controllers, and then when it's Intel's USB controllers they'll say USB 3.0 sucks. It happens on both 2.0 and 3.0. Some even bought USB hubs to try and fix the issues which is ridiculous, and the hub I tried makes the lighting stutter across the keyboard. Some threads even go as far back before the LUX K70 was released by a year or two. Most of the threads will say they are aware of the issue and working on a fix and years later nothing ever came of it and no word from Corsair. If they were aware of this like a few threads say and claim they cannot fix it on their end blaming USB controllers, why not start adding on board memory 1 profile at a minimum (I realize they finally did with the platinum). So they are selling an RGB keyboard that they are probably aware is going to drop packets on a bunch of setups and flicker. I have a really hard time believing they couldn't replicate these issues in house and didn't notice them.

And to top that off I can't even use caps lock half the time because if they aren't already frozen on their own, tapping it once or twice freezes the lock light indicators.

Edited by datsyuk
  • Confused 1

So i can't do anything ? I mean do i have to do an rma ? For a 170 € keyboard this is a joke ! I'm gonna call the corrsair support...

I realy like corsair but realy ?! I don't even know why this make this issue.

So i can't do anything ? I mean do i have to do an rma ? For a 170 € keyboard this is a joke ! I'm gonna call the corrsair support...

I realy like corsair but realy ?! I don't even know why this make this issue.

I've had 3 RMAs all do the same thing.

Yeah i have the same problem with my k70 rgb rapidfire. I've tried everything. Changing usb drivers but without success, RMA the keyboard, soft reset, hard reset... Nothing works! I don't know what to do and i just hope they fix it somehow or say something about it. Right now i just learned to live with it

Is this the same as the pattern getting stuck/moving in big steps because of cpu usage or something else

Nope it's not the same. I don't mind and understand that. This however will have a smooth wave across for example and random keys will either not light up briefly or flash the wrong color.

I still says that's CUE related, with CUE off, no flickering.

Agreed, blaming USB controllers seems a bit lame imo. And if that is the case, don't release boards without on board memory.

Hard reset doesn't work too and it make this : 72BtTuO.jpg

Corsair are you serious ? You are supposed to build very well product and your product works well and are realy good but there is always a little thing that comes and ruins everything and it's a shame because I think you are one of the best brand ...

I mean, you can at least recognize the fact that there is a problem.

(sorry for bad english)

(Bad cpu can be the issue ? Ram ?)

Edited by Astrama

I just buy a Strafe rgb but the issue is still here... Corsair please !

i'm wondering if it's a "power issue" i'm gonna buy a powered hub to try because i have a laptop.

Edited by Astrama

Well, I guess we're not going to get any answer from corsair ...

Doesn't sound like it. I had the chance to try out the K95 Platinum and the caps lock freezing issue does not happen like it did on all of my K70s. I'm not sure if the lights flicker anymore, not to my eye that I have seen, but the logs do show some packets being dropped (which probably means it's still flickering lol).

• Corsair Employee
Haven't see this issue on any of the systems in house, but if you guys can post your systems specs and OS, we can get a better scope of what might be causing issues. Also, list which default Dynamic lighting effects are showing flickering.

Haven't see this issue on any of the systems in house, but if you guys can post your systems specs and OS, we can get a better scope of what might be causing issues. Also, list which default Dynamic lighting effects are showing flickering.

If James checked his PMs he'd have logs and all of that info.

Windows 10 (latest build), Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 8700k, GTX 970, all drivers up to date.

I've had it happen on 4 keyboards, 3 different motherboards, USB 2.0/3.0 and have several friends with the same exact issues. Idk what causes the lock light indicators to freeze, but I see buffer write fails for red/green/blue frequently in my logs and I'm guessing this is when it drops packets and it flickers. Some boards flickered worse than others, not sure why.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165411

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174510

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=163593

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161119

Yup.

I mean is this really ever going to be addressed by the CUE team or Corsair officially? This is really a joke. I've had 0 help with tech support on the issue. CUE manager doesn't even bother to answer me about this. You'll find someone in all of those threads first blaming garbage 3rd party USB controllers, and then when it's Intel's USB controllers they'll say USB 3.0 sucks. It happens on both 2.0 and 3.0. Some even bought USB hubs to try and fix the issues which is ridiculous, and the hub I tried makes the lighting stutter across the keyboard. Some threads even go as far back before the LUX K70 was released by a year or two. Most of the threads will say they are aware of the issue and working on a fix and years later nothing ever came of it and no word from Corsair. If they were aware of this like a few threads say and claim they cannot fix it on their end blaming USB controllers, why not start adding on board memory 1 profile at a minimum (I realize they finally did with the platinum). So they are selling an RGB keyboard that they are probably aware is going to drop packets on a bunch of setups and flicker. I have a really hard time believing they couldn't replicate these issues in house and didn't notice them.

And to top that off I can't even use caps lock half the time because if they aren't already frozen on their own, tapping it once or twice freezes the lock light indicators.

Yeah, they well and truly don't give a **** about their customers/their experience. I'm basically locked into the rainbow lighting on my keyboard because I can't run their software/drivers or my system locks up when trying to play a game that polls controllers with ANY USB game controller plugged in (360, Steam controller, cheap arcade panel, doesn't matter). I also can't use macros/hotkeys or any of that because it's all locked to their ****-tastic CUE software. They either don't properly lab test their hardware/software before release, or they release their products anyway, knowing they will malfunction for a percentage of their customers. It's a shame, because I like the feel of my K55/M65 Pro mouse, but can't take advantage of any of the extra features.

Edited by yellowblanka

Yeah i have the same problem with my k70 rgb rapidfire. I've tried everything. Changing usb drivers but without success, RMA the keyboard, soft reset, hard reset... Nothing works! I don't know what to do and i just hope they fix it somehow or say something about it. Right now i just learned to live with it

These issues are definitely a problem with their hardware/firmware/drivers/software, I've done everything reasonable to troubleshoot the issues with my K55 and the only thing that worked was uninstalling their CUE software and disabling their HID drivers. Granted, this is a separate issue from key flicker, but I even went so far as to buy a powered USB hub, and the issue still occurred.