Corsair Community

How many fans in total can I control with the h100i Link?(splitting the splitters)

peenutbutter

I'm considering buying the h100i. I know it comes with two Y-splitters(I'm going to need to buy 2 more if the following is possible). I'd like to control a total of 6 fans : two radiator fans and two case fans as a set, and two more case fans as a set. So what I'd be doing is split a splitter twice (to control the 4 fans).

Now, is this even possible, will the fans in the end of the two splitters even spin?

(I made a quick drawing on what I mean: http://snag.gy/RofC9.jpg )

The case fans I'll be using are EKL Alpenföhn Wing Boost plus 120mm PWM fans and the h100i stock ones as radiator fans.

Also is it possible to control the 2 case fans using the gpu temperature?

If you'd like me to be maybe a bit more specific about something, please tell me

It would depend on the fans. The fan controller can handle up to a total of 4amp , 2 amps per channel. So just add up you total draw for all three fans.

Also is it possible to control the 2 case fans using the gpu temperature?

Nope it is not possible,sorry

I can put my case fans in the GTX650 GPU group and control them. Possibly it depends on what GPU you have.

RodeoGeorge

Hey George, You have the commander module and cooling nodes though correct? I guess maybe I should have clarified that better, but i don't think it's possible with JUST an h100i and the LINK software.

I defer to wytyt with regards to using splitters, as I merely have the two SP120L Fans for the H100i connected to the Pump.

I did just try moving one of the SP120L fans that is attached to the Pump into the GTX650 Group in Corsair LINK and associating it with the GTX650 Temperature for control. I am able to control that Fan with a Custom Curve based on the GTX650 Temperature.

So to answer your question directly, with the H100i and Corsair LINK, you can control a Fan connected to the H100i based on the GPU Temperature by moving the Fan to the GPU Group.

RodeoGeorge

So to answer your question directly, with the H100i and Corsair LINK, you can control a Fan connected to the H100i based on the GPU Temperature by moving the Fan to the GPU Group.

Perfect, thats exactly what i was looking for. I really didn't think it was possible with just an H100 and the SW.

Hey, thanks for proving me wrong!:D::p:;):

Archived