Corsair Community

Anybody else run into the profile switching

jack21allen

This has been a bug ever since I downloaded iCUE in December. Whenever I try to edit a profile, it automatically switches to another profile. Whenever I try to use a profile, it automatically switches to another profile. Whenever I try to even VIEW a profile, it automatically switches to another profile.

Note: the profile it switches to is always the same profile; upon deleting the profile, it just chose another profile to always switch to.

This is really frustrating because it is messing with my binds I have for various games and is restricting my RGB to one profile. Corsair please fix this.

is it going to the top profile at the top left? That one takes precedence but it should not go away from another unless something was stealing focus perhaps... maybe assign them to an exe for a time to see what happens?

No, it is going to a random number in the list (at first it was the fourth down, after deleting that one, it changed to the sixth). If a profile is assigned to an exe, it works only when in the exe; however, I am still not able to edit for more than 5 seconds without it switching and I am not able to select the profile I want.

hmm this seems odd do you have a way to record this like the snipping tool or the nvidia screen record? I am not sure I have the answer but I bet that will sort it if you can replay the whole thing start to finish, sorry you are having trouble

I have experienced this before and unfortunately it is linked the the settings file and passed along each time. If you go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair you will find all the settings info. In the profiles folder should be something called “profile tree”. With iCUE closed, you can delete this and iCUE will rebuild it next launch. Obviously this may scramble your profiles, but that may be worthwhile and better than a full export, CUE wipe, and reimport.

The editing part of this is odd, although clicking anywhere outside of the app will return you to the top of the list default profile. Since the app is confused about what is the default profile, that may help.

Edited by c-attack

hmm this seems odd do you have a way to record this like the snipping tool or the nvidia screen record? I am not sure I have the answer but I bet that will sort it if you can replay the whole thing start to finish, sorry you are having trouble

https://i.imgur.com/PhhwpUY.mp4

Here is a quick demonstration. That said, earlier it seemed to have resolved itself as everything was functioning properly. I noticed that any program it switched off of was either a hardware profile or linked to an exe. It did not have the bug where I couldn't edit: the bug where it switched to the profile every few seconds automatically.

If the actual bug I was talking about appears again, I will capture it then. Until that point, I can manage

Whenever I try to edit a profile, it automatically switches to another profile.

https://i.imgur.com/PhhwpUY.mp4

I noticed that any program it switched off of was either a hardware profile or linked to an exe. It did not have the bug where I couldn't edit: the bug where it switched to the profile every few seconds automatically.

Any HW profile or linked software profile will not stay active if you click outside the app window. That part is by design. Your default profile is whatever is on the top of the list and you should drag the one you want to be the default there. HW and Linked profiles cannot be the default profile and I would not keep them at the top. The program should skip down to the next available one, but it is possible that is the origin of the problem.

As mentioned, I know exactly the issue you are describing and after leaving exe linked profiles and returning to the desktop, it will jump to one 4-6 places down instead of the first available non-linked profile -- as if the the 'default status' has been improperly assigned. Deleting the profile does not force it to reset to the current top profile. It is connected to linked programs and something happening to the saved profile tree order.