Corsair Community

Corsair 1500 Vengeance high volume/low mic

Meervluis

hey people,

I just bought two Corsair 1500 Vengeance headset after reading really possitive reviews about them.

I have one plugged into a Asus N75SF laptop and the other is plugged into an Acer Predator PC, and on both computers I get the same problems.

1st. The volume of the headset is incredibly loud (i've read multiple forum threads about this but i could not find a suitable fix).

2nd. The microphone volume, when set to 100%, is fair but not really loud or anything.

I'm just a bit puzzled at the moment, i've tried installing the original drivers, then the 1.1.1 drivers and now the new Beta 2.0.23. But sadly this did nothing to fix the problem.

I'm hoping that either someone has a solution or someone from Corsair knows a solution (or is working on one).

Thanks in advance,

Meervluis

Allright - sorry for posting when i actually fixed it.

The program i linked above can be used for both microphone and speakers

You install the program, restart windows and edit the config.txt

You don't have to restart each time you edit the txt file, it's done on the fly.

Copy this into your config.txt (this is language specific, i'm dutch hence the following things: Microfoon->Microphone | Luidsprekers->Speakers)

<----Config.txt-------------------------------------->

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset Luidsprekers

Preamp: -14db

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset Microfoon

Preamp: +20db

<----end file----------------------------------------->

Allright i hope other people will find this usefull,

Meervluis

PS.

Could you please fix this issue at Corsair?

Allright - sorry for posting when i actually fixed it.

The program i linked above can be used for both microphone and speakers

You install the program, restart windows and edit the config.txt

You don't have to restart each time you edit the txt file, it's done on the fly.

Copy this into your config.txt (this is language specific, i'm dutch hence the following things: Microfoon->Microphone | Luidsprekers->Speakers)

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset Luidsprekers

Preamp: -14db

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset Microfoon

Allright i hope other people will find this usefull,

Meervluis

PS.

Could you please fix this issue at Corsair?

This worked perfectly to fix the mic input volume issue, thank you!

I checked out the issue a bit more, but sadly enough it seems to be a problem of Microsoft more then Corsair.

Apparantly USB Headsets react differently on different systems, i've spoken to people who use the Steel Series USB headsets (also not the cheapest) and they encounter the same issues.

On my Acer Predator PC i wasn't able to boost the microphone 20+ dB because it would just stop working. I'm going to check out some more (maybe better) programs to fix this problem.

I checked out the issue a bit more, but sadly enough it seems to be a problem of Microsoft more then Corsair.

Apparantly USB Headsets react differently on different systems, i've spoken to people who use the Steel Series USB headsets (also not the cheapest) and they encounter the same issues.

On my Acer Predator PC i wasn't able to boost the microphone 20+ dB because it would just stop working. I'm going to check out some more (maybe better) programs to fix this problem.

My old Steelseries 5Hv2 USB has a Automatic Gain Control (AGC) toggle under Microphone in the Recording settings that seems to boost mic input volume sufficiently. No such option with my Corsair 1500v2 USB.

Hrm, now i have a different problem.

I have two Corsair USB 1500 Headsets, and when i use one PC where i boost my microphone to +20dB the headsets react differently:

headset 1) perfect sound

headset 2) sound starts breaking up/goes away completely

Do i have a faulty microphone?

• 10 months later...
Hrm, now i have a different problem.

I have two Corsair USB 1500 Headsets, and when i use one PC where i boost my microphone to +20dB the headsets react differently:

headset 1) perfect sound

headset 2) sound starts breaking up/goes away completely

Do i have a faulty microphone?

Hey, how could you boost your mic? (im also dutch) I've tried everything, microfoon, microphone, corsair H1500 Headset, corsair h1500 headset microfoon, including the ID that Equalizer. None of em worked, im on 8.1 tho no idea if that would matters and my OS is in dutch

• 5 months later...
Hey, how could you boost your mic? (im also dutch) I've tried everything, microfoon, microphone, corsair H1500 Headset, corsair h1500 headset microfoon, including the ID that Equalizer. None of em worked, im on 8.1 tho no idea if that would matters and my OS is in dutch

For it to work for me on Windows 8.1 I had to get rid of the word Headset so now it looks like this for me, you should just need to change the words speaker and microphone :)

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Speakers

Preamp: -11db

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Microphone

• 1 year later...
After doing a little search i did come accross this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ Which can decrease your volume

Except i was only able to fix either the Microphone boost or Lower the volume of the headset itself.. Not both.

Still, any help appreciated

I Know that this is old but still I NEED HELP, ok so i downloaded this and restarted my computer, and now i can't talk in any games whatsoever!

PLEASE I NEED HELP

For it to work for me on Windows 8.1 I had to get rid of the word Headset so now it looks like this for me, you should just need to change the words speaker and microphone :)

العاب

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Speakers

Preamp: -11db

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Microphone

Thank you so much

Archived