Corsair Community

Corsair Void Pros Problems w/Discord and in General

BicBoy

I would like to start out by saying that my corsair voids are around 2-3 years old and are definitely out of warranty, but this problem only recently sprouted up out of nowhere and it's insanely annoying and getting progressively worse. I'll begin with the smallest problem, which is persistent enough to be insanely annoying. I'm playing a game with my friends while in a discord voice call with them. All good. Then, it's silence. My mic stops working and I can't hear my friends. I go into my discord voice and video settings and see that it's set to default for both input and output, and I know that in my sound control panel that everything but my voids are disabled for audio and recording. Back to the discord settings. I found that going into the drop-down and just simply re-selecting "default" for my input and output fixes the problem for a couple seconds/minutes. This doesn't always work, however. If it doesn't work, it's usually because all my audio is cut out. Restarting my headphones, moving ports with the adapter, etc. all don't work. Restarting my computer works but it happens so often that I'll spend more time restarting than actually using my computer. So, one alternative solution I've found is going into the iCUE software and forcing a software update onto my headphones, which fixes the problem instantly, but again only until it happens again in a couple minutes.

But wait, the problems don't end there. Now let's get into my most played game, Rainbow Six Siege. Oh boy, I love how I can hear exactly where no one is because my headphones decided to cut out mid game. No problem, I'll try restarting them. Nope, bluescreen, game crash, or whatever other issue. Thanks for the abandon penalty because the game literally won't load again! Oh and while you're at it, please be sure to destroy my ears with random audio glitches that don't happen with any other headset, that's fine.

I'm sorry if I sound mad, but it's because I am. I don't see any reason for these problems to be happening and I am really contemplating swapping to a different set of headphones (I'm thinking HyperX Cloud Stingers). What do I do to fix my problems? I'm extremely frustrated and hate having to deal with this on a daily basis. My headphones are out of warranty so I know there's no point in contacting the Corsair support email as the last time I did they just asked me if I had a warranty, and when I said no they just told me they couldn't do anything.

Screenshot_591.png.ac7046852d54447039c70e34603a9b21.png

Screenshot_592.png.6851b7d4cf8e6b43e4ab81d2020fc96c.png

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem, I have wired void's that are 1.5 years old and they started having the same issue in December. Joining Discord channels killed my headset, and coincidentally Windows restart/shutdown commands put my pc in limbo rather than actually shutting it off.

I spent a month troubleshooting it - I un/re-installed Discord 3 times, un/re-installed iCUE 3 times and force updated firmware each time, tried to use the Device Manager to resolve the drivers several times, and cleaned up my windows install using the DISM tool all to no avail (but I think this fixed the restart/shutdown quirks). I think what fixed it was a Windows update followed by a discord update the same day, but browser discord worked perfectly in the mean-time.

However, this past week, the problem is back and worse. It's not just discord, it's any audio source (including Siege). It also leads to a game crash. In the case of youtube, it has a 50/50 to show an "audio renderer" error or a mute video. My headset will shut-off and restart 2-3 times with some popping noises and then give up until I reboot my PC. It seems to be associated with alt-tabbing or running two applications at once. I'm hoping the next windows update fixes it, but I'm losing faith in Corsair.

• 4 weeks later...
Same problem too and like Optimum its since december 2019. I tried reinstalling discord and Icue but it still persits. When I'm in a channel I need to close completely ICue and its very annoying. I have a keyboard and mouse from corsair too so I would like to have my rgb profiles there.

Been having these problems A LOT lately. You have to reset sound devices and sometimes only a pc restart will actually fix it. The headphones themselves become super non-responsive, e.g. using the power button takes forever to restart them, and the sound queues for muting etc just stop working.

The iCue software working with the VOID rgb wireless is complete garbage. Requires multiple restarts to actually detect the headset. Randomly losses the headset when I'm sitting right next to the receiver. Please Corsair, do a driver update for iCue and the Void rgb wireless, there hasn't been one in forever, meanwhile many audio updates for windows 10 have happened.

Can honestly say after this experience, I will never recommend corsair peripherals to anyone again. Headset was awesome for the first year, then just became the worst to have to deal with :( No longevity or support for corsair peripherals apparently.