Corsair Community

Commander Pro Fans ramping up and down

donalgodon

I have the latest firmware and software as of this writing.

My fans ramp up and down over and over again. It's driving me nuts.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to keep them steady?

The profile doesn't seem to matter, much but silent does it the most.

Quiet for a few seconds, ramp up...quiet.... ramp up...

Using the default custom fan curve solved it pretty easily. It seems all the default profiles have their steps too tight, so when it's based on CPU temps, the slight fluctuations in use-states will cause the fans to respond accordingly.

The Commander Pro is FAR better than my onboard fan header's setup. I don't regret it for a second.

• Like 1

Using the default custom fan curve solved it pretty easily. It seems all the default profiles have their steps too tight, so when it's based on CPU temps, the slight fluctuations in use-states will cause the fans to respond accordingly.

The Commander Pro is FAR better than my onboard fan header's setup. I don't regret it for a second.

Ah, yes, definitely. The default curves are geared more towards internal case temps (from the temp sensors) than the CPU temp.

I have a Commander PRo and I had the same problem for the last 6 weeks and have been pulling my hair out. The ramping was always caused by a very high CPU package temp increase (36 idle but going up to 75). ALL of my fans would then ramp up to maximum, irrespective of custom profiles, or the fact that 3 of the 4 custom profiles were not even linked to the CPU package but the GPU VRM (which did not increase in temp).

Then last week by chance I noticed this ramping always occurred when Opera or Chrome were open. I then discovered that (for my situation) the culprit was drive-by cryptomining scripts hidden on webpages. I installed NoCoin extension in Chrome and Opera and since then have not had a problem.

Hope this helps

Just as a heads up, we do have fan hysteresis coming for Commander Pro, and are working on revising the fan curves.

Any chance the team would be able to add an option to manually enter curve numbers, rather than dragging the curves, and/or at least add a shift-drag option to hold the x or y axis steady for plotting purposes?

The default "custom" curve works great for me, however, as a daily driver in desktop mode, and I hope the future updates won't break it. ;)

Any chance the team would be able to add an option to manually enter curve numbers, rather than dragging the curves, and/or at least add a shift-drag option to hold the x or y axis steady for plotting purposes?

The default "custom" curve works great for me, however, as a daily driver in desktop mode, and I hope the future updates won't break it. ;)

and match cooler fans with normal fans?.. as in both on % or both on rpm??

You can click on one of the "balls" and use the arrow keys.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I have been using the Icue pro for more than a year now. I like the control you get, much better than any other option on my system. That said It would be cool to have options like delta temps for temp sensors. That way I could use the case temps to control the fans. It works fine on CPU package temp but does vary a bit up and down. Another really cool feature that could be added is a response delay to smooth out those variations that happen with the CPU. Or add a function that uses a temp setpoint and have an approach curve (custom). I really do like the commander pro. It is running 3 silverstone 180s, 2 noctua 140s and a noctua 120, very cool!

• 1 year later...

Thanks man! I've spent a few hours trying to solve the problem and your message helped me!