Corsair Community

Knight Rider K.I.T.T. Scanner Profile

Custom profile with manually calculated time values for the scanner effect aka the LED_TopZone - edited directly in the file. This way the timings and smoothness of the scanner is perfect.

It's possible to enable several more lighting effects based on KITTs dashboard and its buttons and stuff. The voice modulator is also emulated on the numblock. The green LED effect on the gas pedal are seen on the G6-G1 keys etc.

Be free to adjust and enjoy.

CUE Version 2.11

[ame=

]
[/ame]

KITT (Smooth+++).cueprofile

Thanks. Nice to get a reply and those kinds words from the master of creativity and professionalism himself :)

It took a lot of time actually to do the profile (find and type the correct math values for the LED_TopZone) and getting to know the tool at all. It's my first mechanical/RGB/Corsair keyboard after using an old Cherry from 1994 for the last 22y :)

But when I saw that LED bar on the keyboard I HAD TO do a KITT scanner effect :)

Funny note... the day I finally uploaded the video and profile here I realized the effect could have been done much easier with 2 'WAVE' effects and one being 180° etc. - lol. But I think it's not easy to match the timings properly in the GUI.

After thinking to make it public and do a video even I added some more "cockpit" stuff just for fun ;)

...and one thing leads to another :) and suddenly I was downloading some KITT sound effects...

Anyway. Have fun and thanks again.

Oh btw. I even thought about transforming the keyboard in the video at the end (with AfterEffects) when you hear KITT going into "Super Pursuit Mode" ...but then I thought, no - else people gonna ask how to do make your keyboard doing that ;)

Funny, I've been wanting to do this for a while. You read my mind :)

Edit.. Did you put the other effect in the folder that are in your video? All it does is the strobe, it doesn't activate the num keys and the G or # keys at the top..

Thanks. Nice to get a reply and those kinds words from the master of creativity and professionalism himself :)

Too kind man, thank you!

But when I saw that LED bar on the keyboard I HAD TO do a KITT scanner effect :)

Funny note... the day I finally uploaded the video and profile here I realized the effect could have been done much easier with 2 'WAVE' effects and one being 180° etc. - lol. But I think it's not easy to match the timings properly in the GUI.

I felt the same way when I first saw the K70, my original Knight Rider profile was one of the first I ever made. Was using the same technique you're using (multiple effects in columns, although I think I used solids) but during one of my updates I changed it to 2 waves.. and I don't think I like it as much. Sure, it makes editing it easier.. but it's not quite as perfect. Especially after seeing how smooth that light bar animation is :biggrin:

Don't have any solo video of the new version (need to make an updated video for it),

but here's is some clips of it in these update videos (url is timecoded):

and with more devices:

Here's the old version, the first profile I ever uploaded (my videos have come a looong way, thankfully :laughing:):

I didn't use math, I just winged it haha, hence why it doesn't look as smooth.

I did however use math for the Starwars:Duel and PacMan profiles... and without it they would've been a mess.

But yea, I'd never thought to edit the keyboard into CUE like that. If there's a situation that calls for it... I might have to steal that one day :winking:

Hey,

nice man. You also played the Knight Rider theme in your first video - of course! :) I can only dream of 65'000 views hehe. I gotta check out some of your profiles when I got time!

And yes. Took me a while to find the perfect spot to have a smooth 'scanner' on the light bar, without being it too fast / too wide etc. as you know, the slower and narrower the more flicker / less smoother...

Sorry about my english btw. - not my native language at all :)

Have fun.

Sorry about my english btw. - not my native language at all :)

All good man, without you telling me, I wouldn't have guessed :biggrin:

You also played the Knight Rider theme in your first video - of course! :) I can only dream of 65'000 views hehe. I gotta check out some of your profiles when I got time!

Yea, great minds think alike... :laughing:

If you do check them out, I hope you like what you find!

• 2 months later...

Hey i reimagined your profile but for k70 and and k95 rgb, i moved and removed some stuff since not having the led top bar was made the things kite diffcult but i kinda managed it, since i moved the visor to esc-f12 and the animations there i moved them elsewhere and dont work are intended originally but i hope the new location dont bother any hardcore fan.

Kitt.cueprofile

Custom profile with manually calculated time values for the scanner effect aka the LED_TopZone - edited directly in the file. This way the timings and smoothness of the scanner is perfect.

It's possible to enable several more lighting effects based on KITTs dashboard and its buttons and stuff. The voice modulator is also emulated on the numblock. The green LED effect on the gas pedal are seen on the G6-G1 keys etc.

Be free to adjust and enjoy.

CUE Version 2.11

this is AWESOME!! i guess even though i JUST got my k70 yesterday, im going to HAVE to upgrade to the k95...that is freaking sweet!!

you win the internet for sure!!

Archived