Corsair Community

Illume - Lighting Sleep Timer

Hi Guys,

After using IdleKeys for so long I thought to make an app myself which will do basically the same thing but using the CUE SDK.

Using the CUE SDK, I eliminated some issues which was happening in IdleKeys. As it is programmed to fire an application after the sleep time to trigger the idle profile, it was causing issues like losing focus of the current application (when playing games, sometimes they minimize), stopping audio for current app (as it thinks it is not in focus) etc.

This is still in very initial stage, I have almost experience using VB/.NET so used Python to code this up. Again, never used any GUI for python, so all this is very new to me.

I am attaching the ZIP here. No need to install Python if you don't have it, as I have already packaged it using PyInstaller, you just need to run the illu_main.exe

!! Cannot attach the archived folder as it is bigger than 5MB !! Including external link here

LINK -> Illume Lighting Sleep

Github Link -> https://github.com/d1xlord/Illume

This will continue to run in background but won't go in the system tray. If you open the app again, it will terminate the previous instance in background and start to run again. To terminate the current background instance run the kill_illume.bat in the folder.

This will generate a start_illume.bat in the folder, by copying it to the startup directory (just write "startup" in the Windows Explorer address bar) you can add it to run at Windows startup

I will be adding the project to Github soon, will post the link here after adding to github.

Thanks,

Nafis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very cool! This type of functionally should have been implemented into CUE a long time ago, but by looking at the current state of CUE 2 it seems that this will not happen any time soon.

BTW, I would love to have an option to choose an idle profile.

The CUE SDK currently doesn't let you trigger CUE lightning profiles, so no luck with triggering any profiles. The SDK gives very basic controls (changing leds, taking/releasing control, getting the current led colors etc). I just wanted to make something very light-weight and simple for led sleep which doesn't make other full screen apps to minimize and lose focus.

You can have a look at the Aurora project if you want more control. It is a large development for all the RGB enabled peripherals.

https://github.com/antonpup/Aurora

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi thanks a lot for the tool - quick question

I want it by default to start when I log in to my computer with timeout of 2 minutes. it is possible by any change?

thanks in advance

Hi, you should be able to do that already with the current version. What difficulty are you facing?

• 2 weeks later...
Any particular reason this is being detected as a Trojan on my system?

Perhaps you should uninstall it! You can get much similar functionality just using CUE 2, anyway. Define a timer that restarts on keypress, and assign it to Enter key, retaining original key function, and have it trigger a profile switch action to a "lightsout" profile on timer expiration. In your "lightsout" profile, define lighting effects to be off for your Corsair devices, and you can assign profile switch actions for all your inputs that go back to your default profile, retaining original key function.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived