Corsair Community

Help needed with a 465x and H115i

Steve.K

Hello

I want to upgrade my case to a 465X. I currently have a H115i Platinum 280mm cooler. I understand that this wont fit in the top of the case, is this correct?

I also understand that to mount the cooler in the front i would have to remove the three 120mm fans and install the two 140mm fans that come with the cooler. If i do this, isnt it going to look odd with two 140mm fans in the front with a 80mm gap underneath them? Could i not bolt the 280mm radiator behind the top two 120mm fans using long bolts in the 140mm fan holes to pass by the sides of the two fans and screw into the radiator, if that makes sense?

If this is not an option, can anyone recommend a similar size and style case which will accept the H115i without messing up the fan layout?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Does not look bad at all. I have a 570x case and the H115i Plat in front. Sure it would be great if it fit on the top of mine, but my RAM and VRM heatsinks get in the way, plus I do a Push/Pull setup in the front.

It may not look too bad in the 570X but i think it would look awful in the 465X, especially seeing has the criss cross pattern on the front panel wont even line up with the two 140mm fans. Which brings me back to my original questions, anyone?

This has been a stumbling block on the 460/465X cases and any other case with a shallow/narrow top space and width. What most users ended up doing was sticking with the three RGB fans on the glass, then radiator, and the proper 140mm fit fans behind. I'll see if I can find one of threads with a lot of pictures, but most people have the room.

Here is one picture of a user threading the 140mm long screws around the 120mm fans to secure the radiator. This looks like a 570X, but the issue is the same.

PFU8gdB.jpg

Edited by c-attack

• 2 weeks later...