Corsair Community

Custom Form Factor Concept

Xii-Nyth

Thought this would be a good way to shorten the length of the keyboard to fit more comfortably on your desk while still retaining a numpad.

http://https//forum.corsair.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37584&d=1583191283

k100.thumb.png.cd4d8e0f224131a7e215334c084de6d1.png

Edited by Xii-Nyth
Adding image in image form

The whole reason you buy a k95 is because you want everything that can possibly fit practically onto a keyboard. Although saying that it would be nice if they came out with a 'professional' oriented keyboard with an SD card slot, USB 3 pass-through port, an additional 3 more rows of macro keys (24 designated macro keys) and an all-metal body.

This design completely goes against the 'have everything you could possibly need' trait and the very reason the k95 exists. Trying to turn a k95 specifically into a smaller keyboard is just a purely laughable concept, no offence. I can understand and do see the potential market for a small form-factor keyboard with designated macro keys but calling it a k95 or a k100 is illogical. Instead it should be called k85 or something similar.

Edited by StrangeGeek

I agree with a name that was just a filler to save the thing I made in ms paint quickly*

I know the old k95 had 18 macro keys, my friend has one of those with red switches.

Found out the keyboard enthusiasts call this a "navless" form factor, although I am the only one who decided to swap delete where numlock is to retain its placement next to backspace.

In my opinion its superior to a tenkeyless since you dont lose a numpad and all navigation keys are still on the numpad if you toggle numlock, switching down arrow to 5 would fix the odd placement but you can do that in icue anyways.

Id love to see this being an alternative to the k65 but it and k70 were badly named as there is nothing inbetween them. I suppose k75 or 85 would make the most sense because it has macros and the k70 doesnt but so does the k55 for whatever reason.

Also corsair rebrand as X0XX like with cpu for generational differentces in the keyboards, adding rgb to the newer gen could only be done once so you need to switch to something more futurefroof

Doesn't look like Corsair has any interest in making a keyboard with a niche market. They only have interest in people buying as much of their products as possible, and this design limits that somewhat. This explains their reluctance to create any outstanding products and to improve their awful quality control in my experience but I won't get into that.

As for your design, I feel like most keyboard 'enthusiasts' (I cringe at the word every time) would love a design like this being offered by a big brand, but the KB enthusiast market is not that large compared to everyone else they are trying to cater for, and as I said, they don't seem to have any interest accommodating to the enthusiast market.

Edited by StrangeGeek
Grammar.