The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2020, 03:37 AM
slickrasta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034099
slickrasta Reputation: 10
Default Harpoon RGB Wireless Receivers Dying

I have a Harpoon RGB Wireless Mouse and my first receiver died after a few weeks use (will not be detected at all on multiple PCs). Contacted support they gave the useless suggestion of updating firmware a few times but since the dongle doesn't detect it only updates the mouse firmware so the dongle is still broken. They finally shipped me a replacement receiver. Fast forward two weeks and bam the replacement receiver starts doing the exact same thing will not be detected at all on multiple PCs so I can't even try a force firmware update. I did update the firmware on the mouse and dongle as soon as I got the replacement and it worked fine for a while until it died so it wasn't like it was running an old version. I'm at a loss as to what to do are the receivers just defective or is there something I can do to reinstall drivers that may help? Uninstall / reinstall iCUE seems to do nothing. I'm a tech support rep for an ISP and I have to admit this whole experience has been frustrating beyond belief. My K63 Wireless Keyboard works flawlessly but this mouse has just had non stop issues since I got it. I should have just got the wired model but it's too late for that now I just have a much more expensive wireless mouse that only works wired.

I see a few other posts with the exact same issue and even some Amazon reviews of people have the same problem. Is there some kind of explanation that I could be missing besides the receivers just being very poor quality and Corsair not addressing it?

Last edited by slickrasta; 02-06-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:54 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1034198
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Can you PM me with the details of your dongle?

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 04-10-2020, 03:28 PM
Drv30's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1040833
Drv30 Reputation: 10

I am having the exact same problem. My slipstream USB dongle that came with my harpoon wireless mouse, is not detected on any device. It seemed to have worked for a week or two. What should I do?