Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2018, 12:52 PM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979922
eggplantlow Reputation: 10
Default Forza Horizon 4 no sound through Void Pro RGB headset

Hello, I started the game up about a week ago and didn't get any sound from the game through my headset. I just decided to play something else instead and the audio was fine as usual. Now I tried to play FH4 again today and same thing, no audio. I uninstalled the audio drivers with DDU and uninstalled my headset and after a reinstall I still get no game volume. I updated iCue and still no game volume. I found a reddit post where someone was explaining this issue was happening on Corsair headsets because they do not have any Audio Enhancements settings in windows. I don't know if this is the real issue but I know that this headset works with any other game I try to play.

Headset Firmware - 0.15
iCue version - 3.8.91

Edit: I forgot to mention that I switched the default playback device to one of my monitors and the sound worked just fine. That monitor is connected via HDMI. Also the sound had worked perfectly for me since the day it came out, October 2nd, until a week ago.

Last edited by eggplantlow; 11-11-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:26 AM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980055

Also I have done everything that people have said worked for them on this forum post with no resolution. https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...-Only--PC.aspx

Most people are saying that going into the "Enhancements" tab of their headset/ speaker properties and disabling all enhancements works. That's why I posted this here, because that is not an option with my headset so I figured someone may have a work around to do the same thing.

Thank you in advance,

Old 11-13-2018, 02:50 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 980282
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Hey eggplantlow, can you see if you're able to use the headset on another computer? This can check to see if something on your main system is conflicting with it.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:56 PM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980287

The headset works in every other game and every other program on my computer. If you'd still like me to try the headset on another computer I can.

Thank you,

Old 11-15-2018, 11:49 AM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980616

Opened the game again last night for lols, still no sound and I honestly cannot think of nor have I found anything to try that I haven't already tried.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 981256
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Hmm, if it's happening just in this game, it typically points to the game. In the settings for the headset, can you toggle the option for "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" ?

Old 11-20-2018, 01:05 AM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981295

Yes I have done that. The reason I posted here is because what people are saying fixes it is disabling all enhancements in the windows sound properties for their devices. As I’m sure you know the Void Pro doesn’t have those settings as options. I figured maybe there was a workaround for this.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:53 PM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mint View Post
Hmm, if it's happening just in this game, it typically points to the game. In the settings for the headset, can you toggle the option for "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" ?
Ok so now I buy Farming Simulator 2019, install, restart, verify game file integrity through steam and no audio through my headset. But also they loading screen into the game changes completely when another device is set as default. Check out these 2 clips I made showing this new issue. https://imgur.com/gallery/pwGwOYI

Old 11-21-2018, 12:03 AM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 981423

FINALLY I FIXED IT. I did a force reset of the headset firmware via plugging them in to the usb cable and now the sound works in both Forza Horizon 4 and Farming Sim 2019. I want to note that I had completely uninstalled the headset drivers from the computer at one point and that did not work. I forced the headset to reset the firmware from version 0.15 to 0.15 and everything works.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 982013
cplifj Reputation: 10

forcing the update of firmware is Bull****. That doesn't work at all.

Still the problem remains after having tried the suggested solutions and then some of my own.

Nothing works, it is done on purpose by Turn 10/microsoft and it's prehistoric DRM mentality.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:16 PM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982020

So what I noticed before I did the force update of the headset firmware is that it was recognizing the headset as blah blah corsair void dongle and after it now displays as this in windows.
https://imgur.com/a/SzkOxC2

Old 11-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 982029
cplifj Reputation: 10

look, i'm very sure it has nothing to do with the firmware.

However , the fact that on the current corsair void driver the surround effects can not be changed, the encoding rate cannot be changed, it's all fixed , that may be the very reason it doesn't work in FH4. Incompatible with the games output that requires something else than the values corsair offers. With older drivers i know this wasn't the case and i could enable disable surround effects and encoding rates in the windows properties of the headset device.

Which driver was it and where the hell can it ever be found again Corsair ???
Because you only offer your latest icue and NOTHING ELSE, which is a flaw imo.

There also is a difference wether it is a wireless or a wired VOID USB. I have a wired one and it does not give sound in FH4 game, where the wireless seems to be able to get fixed with working sound, the wired one does not.

edit: as extra info i can say that when i unplug the headset from usb during game, the sound does go over to the only other device which is the monitor speakers and there it just works, plug back in the headset and the sound shuts of on monitor as it should but does not come on in the corsair void… , so yeah, something incompatible. headset has firmware 0.17.

Last edited by cplifj; 11-25-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:11 AM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982157

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplifj View Post
look, i'm very sure it has nothing to do with the firmware.

However , the fact that on the current corsair void driver the surround effects can not be changed, the encoding rate cannot be changed, it's all fixed , that may be the very reason it doesn't work in FH4. Incompatible with the games output that requires something else than the values corsair offers. With older drivers i know this wasn't the case and i could enable disable surround effects and encoding rates in the windows properties of the headset device.

Which driver was it and where the hell can it ever be found again Corsair ???
Because you only offer your latest icue and NOTHING ELSE, which is a flaw imo.

There also is a difference wether it is a wireless or a wired VOID USB. I have a wired one and it does not give sound in FH4 game, where the wireless seems to be able to get fixed with working sound, the wired one does not.

edit: as extra info i can say that when i unplug the headset from usb during game, the sound does go over to the only other device which is the monitor speakers and there it just works, plug back in the headset and the sound shuts of on monitor as it should but does not come on in the corsair void… , so yeah, something incompatible. headset has firmware 0.17.
Ok, I guess that's where the firmware update becomes a spotty fix because I am using the Void Pro Wireless. I wish you luck, I know I was struggling finding the fix for about 2 weeks. It is a very stupid issue from lack of settings for the corsair headsets on the windows side of things. This just pushes me towards the Turtle Beach Stealth 700/600 even more.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:18 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 982238
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Hi guys,

We've been hearing this may actually be related to a Nvidia driver. Try reinstalling Geforce Experience and see if that helps.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:43 PM
eggplantlow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack View Post
Hi guys,

We've been hearing this may actually be related to a Nvidia driver. Try reinstalling Geforce Experience and see if that helps.
I had tried a full uninstall, restart, and reinstall of all Nvidia software on my PC and that did not work for me. (Just to help in future diag, the force reset of firmware to my wireless headset fixed my issue)

Tags
fh4, forza horizon 4, forza horizon 4 no sound