The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2017, 07:08 AM

POST ID # = 902042
Deako78 Reputation: 10
Default CUE2 Modifier Key Function?

Hi there,

is there a funtion in CUE2 like describe here for the old software version?

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160012

if not.. planned for the future?

CU

Old 05-05-2017, 01:02 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902082
hastegag Reputation: 20

You can do a "while pressed" profile switch with the modifier keys (ctrl alt and shift) and set CUE 2 beta to pass through that key eliminating the need to program each key to say ctrl+a ctrl+b etc.

you can do this for each combination and it works well, you just need one for ctrl, one for alt, one for shift, one for shift ctrl, one for shift control alt and one for alt control and one for alt shift and in each of those you need to set the modifiers to select the right profile, again setting while pressed and "Retain Original Key output" that is under the tools button

That works unless you release the modifier keys in the wrong order, that is in any order that is different from the exact opposite order they were pressed.

I tried an AHK script to set my profile back every 250 ms when a modifier key isn't pressed, but CUE doesn't recognize AHK's send command.

I am considering trying a more aggressive 'shiv' this weekend, maybe sniff the K95 Hid effect on key press and see if mimicking that exact effect can have effect in CUE 2 Beta. I'll let you know if it works.