The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2020, 11:03 AM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038878
ANteroz Reputation: 10

So I'm here for update. Was playing casually games and I noticed that the LMB registers every time it makes a clicking sound. I haven't done anything, it just fixed itself again. Strange, but great. Just don't want for it to start doing it again. The evening this got away the first time, I was playing at minecraft. Now, I also were playing minecraft and the problem got away. And no, it's not just in the game, the mouse works now perfectly on anywhere I go. Also the LMB didn't get fixed right away, first even in the game it wasn't registering all clicks. Could the game have something to do with it? I don't believe that myself either but also I don't see that as impossibility. Don't believe it has nothing to do with or it could lead us to a permanent fix but I thought it was worth pointing out.

I'll just update to the same post, whatever, so the problem got back. Surprise! And in case you are wondering, no, I didn't just get used to pressing the LMB harder, I performed a mouse registration test and I pressed the button as lightly as I could, and it registered every time when there was a click. Now I'm just wondering, can any sort of hardware problem make a problem like this? Going away, coming back, going away, coming back?

Last edited by ANteroz; 03-26-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:17 AM

POST ID # = 1038985
xAGENTTUNAx Reputation: 10
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANteroz View Post
So I'm here for update. Was playing casually games and I noticed that the LMB registers every time it makes a clicking sound. I haven't done anything, it just fixed itself again. Strange, but great. Just don't want for it to start doing it again. The evening this got away the first time, I was playing at minecraft. Now, I also were playing minecraft and the problem got away. And no, it's not just in the game, the mouse works now perfectly on anywhere I go. Also the LMB didn't get fixed right away, first even in the game it wasn't registering all clicks. Could the game have something to do with it? I don't believe that myself either but also I don't see that as impossibility. Don't believe it has nothing to do with or it could lead us to a permanent fix but I thought it was worth pointing out.

I'll just update to the same post, whatever, so the problem got back. Surprise! And in case you are wondering, no, I didn't just get used to pressing the LMB harder, I performed a mouse registration test and I pressed the button as lightly as I could, and it registered every time when there was a click. Now I'm just wondering, can any sort of hardware problem make a problem like this? Going away, coming back, going away, coming back?
Mine has not improved, I will look for updates I may have missed. The mouse is definitely NOT registering all clicks. I had issue even opening browser windows to check this post. Hoping for a REAL comment back from Corsair representative that offers more than a basic reset, which is what I was instructed to perform in the response to my support ticket. I responded immediate to the post stating that I had already performed this action several times with no improvements and still have not heard back in several days.
Corsair should be embarrassed by the way their staff responds to customer questions with cheap excuses blaming Microsoft updates and responding to support tickets with information about troubling shooting that can be found in the user manual. I'm pretty sure iCUE only runs on Windows so its not like they have other operating systems that they are more heavily focused on. Clearly the trouble is with their software since there are so many M65 elite users experiencing this issue all at once, yet customer support acts as if it is an individual mouse issue.
I work a lot on the computer, especially now. Does Corsair realize in this age I can replace their product with one from a brand that actually functions properly in 2 days time during a quarantine? People will not stand for long waiting times on fixes to software bugs.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:07 PM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039019

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAGENTTUNAx View Post
Mine has not improved, I will look for updates I may have missed. The mouse is definitely NOT registering all clicks. I had issue even opening browser windows to check this post. Hoping for a REAL comment back from Corsair representative that offers more than a basic reset, which is what I was instructed to perform in the response to my support ticket. I responded immediate to the post stating that I had already performed this action several times with no improvements and still have not heard back in several days.
Corsair should be embarrassed by the way their staff responds to customer questions with cheap excuses blaming Microsoft updates and responding to support tickets with information about troubling shooting that can be found in the user manual. I'm pretty sure iCUE only runs on Windows so its not like they have other operating systems that they are more heavily focused on. Clearly the trouble is with their software since there are so many M65 elite users experiencing this issue all at once, yet customer support acts as if it is an individual mouse issue.
I work a lot on the computer, especially now. Does Corsair realize in this age I can replace their product with one from a brand that actually functions properly in 2 days time during a quarantine? People will not stand for long waiting times on fixes to software bugs.

agreed. I hope you get answers from corsair. If you find anything, update here.

Old 03-27-2020, 06:38 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1039029
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAGENTTUNAx View Post
I am having the same issue being discussed here. It started ~2 days ago, since I have updated Windows 10, updated iCUE, updated mouse firmware, preformed a clean install of iCUE, forced the firmware update to the mouse again, and the problem still persists. I have had Corsair products for about 4 months and have had serious software issues with both my k95 RGB Platinum and now the mouse is so sporadic it is unusable. Corsair's hardware is beautiful and can compete with other retailers, unfortunately its software team seems to struggle to keep up. Microsoft updates are not an excuse for bricking expensive gear.
For reference, have you submitted a ticket yet for either of your devices? If so, can you PM your ticket number so I can reach out to our Technical Support team. What types of issues are you having with your K95 Platinum? Also, can you attach your system info since it's not entered in your profile?

Quote:
Is clean install the same thing as repair install? If it is, the repair install did not help me any bit. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole iCue from windows control panel several times, with no results. And how about the compressed air, where do I need to spray that? Do I just spray it under the LMB? How would that fix anything? Currently I don't have a different pc/laptop in the house, and can't go anywhere to test with friends pc because of quarantine.
We have a tutorial you can follow for a clean install of iCUE. The process goes further than a repair of the software. Make sure to backup any profiles you created before you start, otherwise you will lose them in the process.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/ar...y-Engine-iCUE-

You mentioned 4 replacements, can you PM me your latest ticket number? I want to cross-reference some information with Technical Support.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:48 PM
ANteroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039499

Again here for an update. Again, I was playing, the problem got away, BUT, I got something else too. Now, no matter how lightly I press the LMB, it registers, sometimes normally, but half of the time it registers as a really fast double click. This is even worse. For an example I can click on a folder on my desktop and it opens without me actually pressing the LMB twice. Can you guys do something real fast because it's pretty clear it's a software problem.

Last edited by ANteroz; 04-01-2020 at 02:05 AM.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:32 PM
frodevil's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039612
frodevil Reputation: 10

It's been about 3 weeks and still no response on my ticket. I sent an update via e-mail because I still can't log in to corsair support (it just takes me back to the sign in page with no message), so i assume the tickets are done via e-mail. Would like for anyone to take a look at both my keyboard and mouse problems.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1039766

Quote:
Again here for an update. Again, I was playing, the problem got away, BUT, I got something else too. Now, no matter how lightly I press the LMB, it registers, sometimes normally, but half of the time it registers as a really fast double click. This is even worse. For an example I can click on a folder on my desktop and it opens without me actually pressing the LMB twice. Can you guys do something real fast because it's pretty clear it's a software problem.
Thank you for the update. Both our hardware and software teams are reviewing these issues, and working to find out what what might be causing this behavior. The process does take a bit of time as we have to perform regression testing to ensure there are no new issues caused from changes that are implemented. I've been providing your feedback to the teams to help in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodevil View Post
It's been about 3 weeks and still no response on my ticket. I sent an update via e-mail because I still can't log in to corsair support (it just takes me back to the sign in page with no message), so i assume the tickets are done via e-mail. Would like for anyone to take a look at both my keyboard and mouse problems.
Followed up with our Technical Support team regarding your ticket. Looks like a response was provided by one of the team members, but have not received a response from you. If you're having issues logging into your account, you can also contact them direct at:

USA Toll free: +1 844-348-8999
[also free via Skype]
International Toll free: 00800-700-22700

Old 04-03-2020, 02:22 PM
Alex Vojacek's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039904
Alex Vojacek Reputation: 10

Same here. Stopped working on my M65 Pro after 5 months. Purchased an M65 Elite 4 months ago and now today, the same thing started happening.

Even worse is the fact that we are doing a lot of reviews for Corsair products on our hardware site and we absolutely love the company, but 2 mouses in a row in less than a year and not even on the same model is a serious issue.

Can we get any clarification on this Corsair?. Otherwise I will be forced to make an article on our magazine about this hardware failures.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1039919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Vojacek View Post
Same here. Stopped working on my M65 Pro after 5 months. Purchased an M65 Elite 4 months ago and now today, the same thing started happening.

Even worse is the fact that we are doing a lot of reviews for Corsair products on our hardware site and we absolutely love the company, but 2 mouses in a row in less than a year and not even on the same model is a serious issue.

Can we get any clarification on this Corsair?. Otherwise I will be forced to make an article on our magazine about this hardware failures.
Have you reached out to your Corsair PR rep yet regarding this issue? In your situation, it's preferred that you go through the proper channels since you have an existing primary contact.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:36 PM
jamie1073's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039930
jamie1073 Reputation: 10

I got mine RMA'ed and bought a second one. I did this because I like the mouse and have a lot of Corsair stuff. I imagine it will happen again which is why I now have 2 of them.

Tags
icue broken, m65 elite rgb, m65 leftclick broke