Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Just a quick question: Is the switch supposed to be that loose? Not only up and down to switch modes but also inwards (vertically up when wearing it, to explain better), there is a loud rattle in the right ear thanks to its looseness. Even faster head movement or brushing against a pillow causes the rattle. Pondering about returning it because it's really distracting esp. in the pillow usage scenario.

Video of the wobbly bastard.

Second, disabling the idle detection in iCUE doesn't seem to work. It still switches off randomly. For now I've set it to 99 minutes which seems to help a bit.

@JustBrownie: Happens to all of us I'd guess and hope Corsair can patch it in future iCUE-versions.

PS:

No %-age charge indicator sucks and I don't buy the UX-consistency excuse.

You can only display one in Windows tray anyway so there is no possibility of a design clash there, the devices are all on separate settings-tabs so no direct comparison there either...if the hardware is capable of showing % then damn well use it!

Hi,

can only report from mine - it's completly fine. No rattling, zero wobbling at all. Looks like I'm lucky one :)

anyone have issues with the headset duplicating itself? Like it'll say Virtuoso (1)(1)(1)... and sometimes will be glitchy, mic plays notifications twice, ect? I got it to reset one time but I forget how

On iCUE i am also getting Virtuoso(1). My issue is that when have to charge I plug headset into mains with USB charger and leave overnight so plenty time to fully charge. Weird thing is the green light instead of blinking is solid green instead? When unplug to use and switch to wireless mode the light blinks red and cannot use. Therefore seems not charging but during charge it purports to be fully charged because of solid green light? It does not show in iCUE either.

Have to plug it into USB on computer and use wired. Another weird thing though is when switch to wired the headset verbally says "full charged" although in iCUE is shows as charging.

First time it started to do this it somehow seemed to clear itself and show as charged so could use wirelessly. Today however doing same, charged overnight, still blinking red next day and having to use wired! Expensive headset that does not seem to work properly so will be returning if not fixed.

Checked running latest firmware etc. on ICUE

Hi,

can only report from mine - it's completly fine. No rattling, zero wobbling at all. Looks like I'm lucky one :)

Thanks for your input, 2 firm and 1 wobbly switch so far reported.

Amazon swap is in progress, will report back after checking how the second headset fares.

I just picked up Virtuoso RGB SE headset yesterday and everything about it seems fine, however the voice feedback or sidetones are barely audible.

I can hear it functioning, but it's extremely quiet and I cannot find any solutions so far that aren't from a few years ago with the old CUE.

I have everything I can find maxed as well, so I figure it's iCUE limiting the sidetone max volume.

Anyone have a solution?

Second headset arrived and another wobbler - seriously, are we having different definitions of "firm" or is this an EU problem with where they're manufactured (isn't it all made in China anyway)?

Video, with sound now!

Now imagine it amplified by the right ear shell body whenever you brush a hoodie/pillow against it or just moving your head slightly faster, drowning out everything else for a short moment.

This reeks of shoddy build quality and I'm a bit miffed having to go to a packed post office for the return just to get another stinker:noooooo:.

Second headset arrived and another wobbler - seriously, are we having different definitions of "firm" or is this an EU problem with where they're manufactured (isn't it all made in China anyway)?

Video, with sound now!

Now imagine it amplified by the right ear shell body whenever you brush a hoodie/pillow against it or just moving your head slightly faster, drowning out everything else for a short moment.

This reeks of shoddy build quality and I'm a bit miffed having to go to a packed post office for the return just to get another stinker:noooooo:.

They are all like that. My second unit did the same and my friends also.

I've the virtuoso RGB SE now for 2-3 weeks.....everything was fine at the start.

But after 1 week (after the newest dongle firmware) there are some issues.

1. When wireless connecting is made between headphone and dongle, the dongle flashes RED (previous it was that white/"blue" non blinking). I got good sound.

2. Got twice a week the distortion in the sound which is earlier mentioned here.

3. The turnwheel to adjust the volume: volume goes widely unpredicted up and down !

Is there a location to download the old firmware releases ?

They are all like that. My second unit did the same and my friends also.

Well, ****.

I wrote to Corsair-support at the same time to hear what they say, but I'm not hopeful after your post.

Anyway, thank you for your comment.

Hi !

My Corsair Virtuoso won't charge, or response to my PC, MacBook or PS4. It does that cj cj cj sound (like static) constantly since I bought it last week. It doesn't matter if I use them wired or wireless, the headset only works with 3.5 jack.

I made it work for a couple of hours and then nothing. I tried almost any possible solution to this, since uninstall ICUE, remove headset from Device Manager, charge it from a wall for 1-2 hours, etc.

I already wrote to Corsair customer support but their solution was very poor.

Is there any of you with this issue? How can I fix it ?

I've the virtuoso RGB SE now for 2-3 weeks.....everything was fine at the start.

But after 1 week (after the newest dongle firmware) there are some issues.

1. When wireless connecting is made between headphone and dongle, the dongle flashes RED (previous it was that white/"blue" non blinking). I got good sound.

2. Got twice a week the distortion in the sound which is earlier mentioned here.

3. The turnwheel to adjust the volume: volume goes widely unpredicted up and down !

Is there a location to download the old firmware releases ?

I totally uninstalled iCUE and now its working fine (expept not the turnwheel)

I just bought the Virtuoso RGB SE and the audio and the mic work perfectly through USB but won't work wirelessly. I'd like to use it on a PC and my Windows 10 PC picked it up when I plugged in the dongle and had the headset set to wireless, the dongle flashed red a couple of times and then went blank and I hear nothing from the headset but see the mic flash red. Windows lists the headset in the audio devices but it only works plugged in. iCue lists the device twice if I have it plugged and both instances are unavailable.

How do I get it to work wirelessly on a PC? Thanks.

Guys, first off thank you for the feedback you are providing. Not sure if all of you have seen that there was an update to both iCUE (3.21.88) and firmware for Virtuoso. If you haven't already performed the updates, please do so as it will improve some of the topics you guys brought up. We are working on more updates to address additional items that were brought up, but we want to ensure proper testing is performed in our validations process.

For those of you experiencing crackling during games, can you respond back with the following information:

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port)

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?

3.) SW version

4.) FW version

5.) System volume level

6.) EQ settings in iCUE

7.) Particular content that was played

Some of you already have system specs listed, but I would like you to provide it in your post just in case you have changed anything. I'll relay the information to our validations and software teams as you guys provide it.

1. My motherboard model is Asus Prime X299-Deluxe. The dongle is plugged into the front USB port of ST100. My operating system is Windows 10 1909.

2. I'm playing Final Fantasy 14 more often, but this phenomenon doesn't just happen in the game, even when I use voice chat software to chat with other friends

3. I currently use the beta version of iCUE provided on the forum, but I also had this problem when using the 3.26.92 version a few days ago

4. VIRTUOSO SE: v. 0.17.149; dongle: v. 0.16.80

5. This problem has occurred from 10% -75%

6. I used the default Pure Direct configuration

BTW:

1. The chance of this problem only increased significantly after I updated the firmware of the dongle and headset and iCUE a few days ago (it must happen at least once in almost 1-4 hours, of course, more often 3-5 times), I do n’t remember The version number before the update. Although I had this problem before, it was very, very small. If I used probability to describe it, it would be about 1%.

2. Recently I started to try wired mode and I haven't found the problem. But is this a bit out of my original intention when buying this headset?

3. Since English is not my native language, I used a translation tool, and please forgive me

Edited by milkfish

Hi, I just bought the SE model to test out a wireless headset, apart from the red dongle I have 2 questions.

I tuned the EQ in iCue to be more bassy but they are still not as good sounding as my previous HyperX Cloud 2 anyone got another idea to improve the sound especially bass ?

Also I have this weird problem in COD:MW where if you go through the menu points the "clicky" sound is bugged and sounds like a crackling something.. I found out that the problem is resolved by closing iCue but that also kills the EQ.

Any Suggestion ?

1.) Aorus B450 Pro, USB 3.0 Front IO

2.) COD:MW, no.

3.) 3.26.95

4.) Dongle 0.16.80 / Headset 0.17.149

5.) 60

6.) More Bass / Highs

7.) Happens in the main menu

Edited by crvxj

Just a minor thing:

Is it possibly to disable the mic rgb without running icue? I can disable the driver rgb without icue, it would be nice if I could disable the mic rgb too.

Thanks in advance for help on that matter!

P.S. are any of the icue/corsair services required for functionality of the headset (except rgb)? Disabling them didn't seem to change anything. I don't like to run driver services that require more then the occasional 1% cpu time.

Edited by ChiefBigFeather

after plugging the headset into USB its was all set up and working great, then I checked to see if getting 8 channel 96khz on wired, I was... I checked to see if on wireless was correct it was 48khz, but now after a reboot both are the same no matter what I do 48khz, I bought these for the 96khz and was very happy testing the diffence between the two, but now its gone, stuckl at 48khz..

Ive removed the device uninstalled the device but still the same.... any help

if not im returning them and going back to my senhissers

So, I think I finally managed to fix issues regarding audio cracking, however, in a certain racing game I play, the VoIP through the Virtuoso sounds absolutely terrible when it sounds fine on other headsets.

The following clip shows exactly how it sounds: https://clips.twitch.tv/SplendidSmellyDurianSmoocherZ

What would be causing the VoIP to come across so distorted and crackly when the rest of the game audio is perfect? Any help would be great cheers.

Hello guys,

Well, with all these posts, tests, experiences, do we have a solution for the problem we all have (sound distorted and crackly, no connexion between the headset and the dingdongle) ?

With the Covid, I call a lot my friend with my MacBooc Pro because it's the only computer I have with a webcam. And I use the Virtuoso with the dongle on it, no iCUE installed, no wire neither. And it's working so ****ing well...It's frustrating when I plug the dongle back on my Windows and can't use the headset without the wire...

So I can offer two solutions : one with people who have another Corsair device that requires iCUE and an another for those who only have the headset. It's not the best solution, but we can't do better...

For those who only have the headset :

- I could read that some of you, by uninstalling the drivers from the headset and dongle, iCUE and by reinstalling the headset directly on Windows without iCue, it worked "well".

So if you want to uninstall all of this and you have no clue how to do it, you can follow the steps from If troubleshooting sound problems doesn’t work, try uninstalling and re-installing the Corsair audio device drivers and iCUE Stop following the steps from step 10 and go direcly to the step 15 !!!: Corsair support

For those who need iCUE :

- This is Sparta. Well, if you want to use it just for listen music or watch a movie without wire, you'll need to quite iCUE and have luck...

If you really need iCUE, no solutions for you, just plug the headset with the wire and bleed from your ears when someone speaks on Discord or whatever you use to talk with your friends.

If you have any other solutions, I can add it in this post or create an another one !

Kiss from France

Atypik

• Corsair Employee
Just a minor thing:

Is it possibly to disable the mic rgb without running icue? I can disable the driver rgb without icue, it would be nice if I could disable the mic rgb too.

Thanks in advance for help on that matter!

P.S. are any of the icue/corsair services required for functionality of the headset (except rgb)? Disabling them didn't seem to change anything. I don't like to run driver services that require more then the occasional 1% cpu time.

You can disable the Mic LED under settings in iCUE. You will just need to check the box to disable it. I attached an image for reference.

1523965068_iCUEDisableMicLED.png.35c141b2d44a1d81baf162831c19cfcb.png

• Corsair Employee
after plugging the headset into USB its was all set up and working great, then I checked to see if getting 8 channel 96khz on wired, I was... I checked to see if on wireless was correct it was 48khz, but now after a reboot both are the same no matter what I do 48khz, I bought these for the 96khz and was very happy testing the diffence between the two, but now its gone, stuckl at 48khz..

Ive removed the device uninstalled the device but still the same.... any help

if not im returning them and going back to my senhissers

Just checking, are you switching the connection switch on the headset when you change between USB and wireless on the right earcup? In order to have 96khz active, the headset needs to be in the USB position.