Corsair Community

iCue and Nvidia overlay

Raimo5

Hello,

After latest Nvidia driver updates (442.50), I get the Nvidia FPS counter on all iCue (v3.25.60) windows (tray icon menu, space, main program window). I refer to counter overlay that you can enable from Nvidia Experience.

Does anyone know how I could disable iCue from being picked up as D3D application or is it something that only Nvidia can resolve?

Thank you

having the same problem with the nvidias overlay popping up when I click on the icue icon and it keeps kicking me out.I reinstalled it and done the repair tool and still wont work.Is there a way to go back to the last update and reload it and if so where would you find it thanks. Edited by horuce

It’s not generated in iCUE. GE Force Experience is generating the overlay on anything where it detects gpu usage. You will find the same thing with other FPS overlays in MSI Afterburner or Precision X. You need to use the settings available in the Nvidia app to exclude programs where you don’t want the overlay to appear — assuming Nvidia entrusted users with a decision and that was the original question. You may find more detailed discussions on the Nvidia GE Force forums.

This is definitely an issue with Nvidia. We don't have any dependencies on their Nvidia Experience application.

Can't express how much this attitude annoys me. There are a number of threads like this now, all related to games / nvidia drivers clashing with iCue.

The reason, is not 'their' fault as you say, it is because Corsair chose a development path that means the iCue exe (and presumably others) interact with GPU. The fact that advice is out there to add exclusions to Nvidia control panel and the fact that nvidia overlay interferes with the UI are easy examples.

You chose this path...it's your responsibility to maintain compatibility with software you interact with.

Honestly, most people here are gamers, with gaming setups, playing games etc. just blaming all the other vendors is a total cop-out. You are part of an eco-system. Start dealing with it properly...please.

Can't express how much this attitude annoys me. There are a number of threads like this now, all related to games / nvidia drivers clashing with iCue.

The reason, is not 'their' fault as you say, it is because Corsair chose a development path that means the iCue exe (and presumably others) interact with GPU. The fact that advice is out there to add exclusions to Nvidia control panel and the fact that nvidia overlay interferes with the UI are easy examples.

You chose this path...it's your responsibility to maintain compatibility with software you interact with.

Honestly, most people here are gamers, with gaming setups, playing games etc. just blaming all the other vendors is a total cop-out. You are part of an eco-system. Start dealing with it properly...please.

Software programs need NVIDIA’s permission to use the gpu? Do they need Intel or AMD’s permission to use the cpu? Do you realize what you are saying?

There is an FPS counter on your iCUE display because Nvidia wrote a program that puts it there. You installed that program. It is optional and not part of the driver package. They designed their GE Force Experience for people who don’t know anything about how their computers work and don’t care to learn. It makes decisions for you. If Nvidia did not give you the ability to exclude programs from the overlay or turn it off, then you need to talk to the people who wrote the program — Nvidia.

Frankly, you are a little late in realizing all of this. MSI Afterburner/RSST and EVGA Precision also use the same type of overlay and it will appear in iCUE, Mystic Light, Armory Crate, AI Suite and everything else that uses the gpu. The difference is those programs let you selectively turn it off. If Nvidia did not give you that option or you haven’t bothered to learn if you can adjust it, then you need to ask questions elsewhere.

• 2 months later...
I've been dealing with this for a few months now but i do have a fix, the downside being that I seem to have to reapply it every time there's an nvidia update. get nvidia profile inspector, create a profile for icue, set the value for 0x809D5F60(probably very bottom or close to it to 0x00000000. The bit I have to reapply once in a while is just opening profile inspector, picking the icue profile by typing it into the bar, scrolling to the bottom and changing the value to 0, takes a minute tops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can confirm nvidia's 446.14 driver fixes this issue as well as the right click of iCUE is now instant instead of having a severe lag between click and display.

Sometimes, it appears that it really is "Not my problem". I understand corsairs perspective here too, as what nvidia are doing for their overlay is hooking into all processes which use a graphical window / DX handle. iCUE just happened to be one of them. This doesn't mean that iCUE should not use a non standard windowing system, but it does mean that nvidia need to refine how they are detecting which windows they capture, and they did, and now everything is fixed :)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I'm happy owner of K95 platinum, but have a couple of issues with the software (latest iCUE v3.31.81) and keyboard detection.

App crashes after 3 sec on start, but works fine in Vbox VM with same Win 10. I have latest Nvidia Drivers installed and had no problems before with any software.

Event log doesn't show valuable info.

Maybe some one can help with that.