Corsair Community

Corsair One I160, Fan Issue.

escorpian240

I am very new to this so If I make a mistake about where I'm posting or whether or not i'm just being a dumbass about the fan problem, please take it easy on me lol. So I've been having this issue ever since I had gotten my Corsair One I160 but always thought it was just how a fan normally sounded, (again don't laugh at me, im really not educated AT ALL when it comes to pc gaming). The issue doesn't affect the performance of the pc at all, it just gets very loud whenever I play any games and lately even when I would just be on youtube or twitch. I posted two videos on youtube, one for when I was playing Fall Guys: [ame]
[/ame] and then one where I only used my finger to move the same fan making the noise: [ame]
[/ame] If I could get help on this I'd appreciate it massively, as I've been going crazy with this noise, and it sounds a lot louder than It does in the video.

Thanks for replying to the thread, I've always had this problem since I had gotten it so that's odd to see that the PC came with a basically defective fan, I'll see about contacting the customer support and getting a replacement. However, I have another question that should be a lot easier to answer, if you wouldn't mind answering as well. How do I remove the fan from the (what I assume is the motherboard, not sure though). Its in the video I had posted originally, and I'm just wondering if I can straight up just yank it out of there or if there's a clamp or something I need to push, or etc. I have a Z370 Mini-ITX Motherboard in case that helps in answering. However, I'd like to just straight up thank you for replying very quickly, this had been bugging me so much so its nice to see I finally have an answer!

It's hard to tell since we can't see the back and Corsair One products are somewhat different than what everyone else has. However, that raises another issue now that I listen to it again.

Take a screw driver and loosen the 4 corners of that fan making the noise. Not a lot -- just maybe 1/4 turn on each. The first video is distinctly motor related, but that second one raises this issue. It is very possible to create 'fan clipping' by overtightening the fan frame.

OK, then that's probably not it. When I took a second, third, and fourth listen this morning, it sounded like a physical contact. The point where it lets go of that is pretty small. You don't need to massively loosen anything and it should be tight, but if you really crank down hard on a fan screw you can create contact between blade and frame.

Definitely contact Support.

Well thank you again for replying to the thread, I'm wondering if since I bought this Corsair One I160 through Best Buy, that Corsair will redirect me towards Best Buy Customer Service but I'd highly doubt that, and I wonder how they'd send me a new fan since I don't know the actual name of the current fan.

Customer Support will be able to identify what you need to do and provide removal instructions based on the schematic. I do not think they will refer you to Best Buy and they usually offer the highest level of service for an all in one PC package like this. You should attach a copy of the purchase receipt from BB to your ticket. They will want that and it hopefully saves you a back and forth email exchange.