Corsair Community

icue Feature Requests

Onemoar

getting into making profiles but I am running into some limitations that are preventing me from realising my RBGvision

here a few need/nice to have feature requests

NEED:

Ability to Bind Effect Patterns to Modifier keys to if I hold SHIFT or have caps lock on run XYZ effects while those keys are held/or enabled

for example I would like the ability to define two static backlight colors when I press say shift swap between those and disable the rain effect and enable the visor effect

or when caps lock/scroll lock is on (and I can't believe this has never occured to anybody) keep the caps lock key statically illuminated or use a different effect on those keys alone)

Ability to bind on keypress effects to anouther key for example if I press the media key `Play` I would have the P L A Y keys illuminate a different color or apply a reactive effect to anouther key to spell PLAY or flash the adjacent numkey to increase visibility

more color control options for predefined effects such as rain or visor maby I want my rain to have four or 6 predefined colors

a Predefined table of colors for and the ability to change the colors of predefined effects such as visor

for example I might want my WIN key to cycle through RED LIGHTGREEN BABYBLUE YELLOWORANGE But currently you are limited to only two color options OR random ... when using reactive type

nice to have:

Generic Visualiser support, we know this is possible we shouldn't need to turn to 3d party alternatives to get our graphical EQ On, yes the void headset is nice but it is in NO WAY audiophile grade some of use have some pretty expensive audio gear that we would like to use a graphical EQ On

ability to use the winlock/brightness controls in a profile and have effects applied to them

audio or other scripted event on keypress (i know you can do this with marcos but I would like to have this in editor)

key illumination for macro state (profile loaded executing ect ect)

some of these I know you can sorta do with Advanced mode but thats not currently available in iCUE and the UI experience for it is less then Stellar

Edited by Onemoar

One Moar thing:

ability to illuminate a set of keys or load a profile wait x seconds then switch to anouther profile on icue startup

then I could make a profile that illuminates C *O*R*S*A*I*R When icue is started

:D

FYI, Advanced Mode and Simple mode have been combined in iCUE, allowing you to use everything simultaneously.

Caps Lock has been done before and is actually quite simple.

Create a gradient layer, fill the colour panel with whatever colour or pattern you like (you can make the caps lock key flash or pulse while on).

Set both the Start and Stop properties to 'On key pressed'.

Note that this will not always line up if you start the profile with CapsLock already on.

Changing on Modifiers

This is a bit more complicated and actually requires multiple profiles.

Create 2 profiles, one for your 'standard' and at least one other for your modifiers.

On the 'standard' profile create a 'Profile Switching' action with direct profile selection enabled. Choose your 'modifiers' profile and enable 'While Pressed' go to the advanced settings and enable 'Retain original key output'

P L A Y

For this we'll need to create a gradient effect that will only play the once. Only have the P L A and Y keys highlighted. Leave the Start 'With Profile' and set Stop to 'After [1] Times'. Turn this layer off.

Create a Timer Action with time 00:00:00. Enable 'Retain original key output'

Under 'Timer Start Settings' choose the gradient lighting layer.

Visor Colours

As this is only meant to be a simple, pre-determined effect there are limited options. To create something more in-depth you'll have to use 2 layers of the more advanced 'Wave'

The way to do this is a bit complicated, so I'd suggest downloading my Knight Rider profile and using that as a guide. (Link to my website is in my Signature)

Generic Visualizer

This is tied to the Void not because of limitations in the software itself, but because of licencing reasons.

WinLock/Brightness

The WinLock/Brightness buttons can be re-bound through actions, use a similar method to the P L A Y section. They won't be a part of the effects, but they can trigger them. To change their colour, use the 'Performance' tab.

Audio or Scripted on Keypress

Not entirely sure what you're hoping for without Macros?

Are you aware you can add sound effects through the advanced settings of a macro?

One Moar Thing

Timers can not be activated without interaction but you could always set up a profile to switch on the first keypress. (Re-bind every key to a profile switching macro that retains original key output)

Hope that answers your questions!

I tried with multiple profiles but I could't get it to switch back and retain the lighting effects

and I am aware you can do it with a on press/release gradient but as you said that doesn't do much good if the key is hit before cue is loade, cue needs to be aware of the states of modified keys, and the ability to use those states as triggers for effects was what I was asking for it would vastly simplify things to boot

profile switching is messy and uses a ton of cpu while executing but i didn't know you could do it that way it sorta gets me what I want its a bit slower and not a smooth as i would like

i think i got the rest mostly how i wanted it but its not as smooth as i would like because profile switching

Edited by Onemoar

I tried with multiple profiles but I could't get it to switch back and retain the lighting effects

and I am aware you can do it with a on press/release gradient but as you said that doesn't do much good if the key is hit before cue is loade, cue needs to be aware of the states of modified keys, and the ability to use those states as triggers for effects was what I was asking for it would vastly simplify things to boot

What do you mean by, 'retain the lighting effects'?

profile switching is messy and uses a ton of cpu while executing but i didn't know you could do it that way it sorta gets me what I want its a bit slower and not a smooth as i would like

Honestly, I'm not sure there's another way without just doing what I wrote up for the P L A Y example.

as for PLAY it was a hypothetical but cue doesn't present me any options for press/release for those keys nor any ability to bind a gradient to it

so when I press the MEDIA key PLAY I want to execute the PLAY gradient how would I do that ? Also if I wanna have STOP that means both P L A Y and S T O P would be illuminated at the same time because pressing Stop would

t unload P L A Y which is why I need binding with binding one could supersede the other if I had definable triggers

Please re-read what I wrote on this, it's as clear as I can make it through text alone.

And no, lighting effects can not interact with each other (calling another to stop, etc)

the problem with the gradient approach is if you press any key bound in the gradient the whole thing triggers i wanted it to trigger only on the media key \

the same for any other multi key defined effect

i want pressing key `A` to run defined effects on keys 'b' and 'c' i do not want the effect to run if i press key 'b' or 'c'

so using shift to switch profiles is not gonna work either

even with key output there is considerable input lag problems on that key especially if multiple presses are used a short period (e.g sprinting in a FPS)

Edited by Onemoar

A few features I'd like to see:

Ability to play any sequential (ripple, wave, etc..) effect in reverse so that for example a ripple effect starts at the outside and moves inwards instead of the normal behaviour which is inside-out.

Ability to assign an action to multiple keys without having to have multiple copies of the same action, in the same way that you can assign a lighting effect to multiple keys/zones.

More advanced functions such as ripple/wave/gradient as link actions to keep them all synced up. This would be very useful for RGB fans such as the LL series, which currently slowly move out of sync with my K95 Plat and MM800C on timed effects like ripple, despite having the same timing.

Shooting for the moon, I'd love to see integration with motherboard LED controllers such as ASUS AURA, MSI Mystic Light, Gigabyte RGB Fusion etc... I realize however that these are also competitors and that this is unfortunately unlikely to happen. Having all lighting on my rig synced including peripherals (while retaining choice), would be absolutely ideal.

Edited by moar
  • Confused 1

A few features I'd like to see:

Ability to play any sequential (ripple, wave, etc..) effect in reverse so that for example a ripple effect starts at the outside and moves inwards instead of the normal behaviour which is inside-out.

Ability to assign an action to multiple keys without having to have multiple copies of the same action, in the same way that you can assign a lighting effect to multiple keys/zones.

More advanced functions such as ripple/wave/gradient as link actions to keep them all synced up. This would be very useful for RGB fans such as the LL series, which currently slowly move out of sync with my K95 Plat and MM800C on timed effects like ripple, despite having the same timing.

Shooting for the moon, I'd love to see integration with motherboard LED controllers such as ASUS AURA, MSI Mystic Light, Gigabyte RGB Fusion etc... I realize however that these are also competitors and that this is unfortunately unlikely to happen. Having all lighting on my rig synced including peripherals (while retaining choice), would be absolutely ideal.

well hi there i can see from your username that you have good tastes

also agree with all of that

a lot of this stuff strikes me as stuff that should have been though of/implemented by now especially about triggers and actions per key and the ablity for lighting effects to call or interact with other effects

also would like a `bounce effect`

@Corsair James PING

Edited by Onemoar

I think the far cry 5 is great and would love to see it offered with other games too. I think Rocket League would be a great candidate, could change color to blue or orange depending on your team and could add in effects for boosting, demos, goals etc.

• 1 year later...

I am new here and so I do not yet know if I am in the right place. Please correct me if I am not. :D:

Features I am missing in the software are

1. to simulate FN keys. That I can define the right Windows key as FN key and then I can define functions again. So if pressed down 'FN + [1]' = open calculator e.g.

the second one which would be cool if it would be possible to assign the same 'action' to several keys at the same time.So that I can give all keys the action 'Disable while windows Key locked' and thus prevent unwanted entries.