Corsair Community

H110i no control, Needs restart with SIV

chainzy

For some reason every time I start my pc my fans wont show up with the h110i and I'll have no control over it. If I open up SIV I can hit the restart button here and it will work then but once the pc it turned off or restarted again I have to repeat.

Siv.jpg

Oh...I didn't know a single thing about siv and seen a few posts about it being able to check stuff.

It's not a SIV issue, thats the only way I've found to get it up and running. Was hoping someone would know what the issue is. Something to do with the intergrated usb bridge keeps stopping or something?

do you have anything like hw monitor running? or other rgb software?

HW monitor has an option to disable corsair devices if you have that...

if you have other RGB software, try disabling them at start up to see if one is conflicting.

stabs in the dark in hope from me duder

So If i disconnect the usb cable from the link controller and plug it back in it will work, but once I restart the pc it stops and I have to do it again.

If I run a usb cable from the back of my pc usb ports to the link controller it will work and if restarting pc it still works.

Could the original link cable with usb header be going bad?

Try updating your chipset drivers (or reloading them). There probably hasn't been an update in some time, but then sometimes changes are forced. It's more likely something has changed there than the mini cable has gone bad. Running the 9 pin to USB A is a common troubleshooting step and most boards handle those two ports with differently.

Try updating your chipset drivers (or reloading them). There probably hasn't been an update in some time, but then sometimes changes are forced. It's more likely something has changed there than the mini cable has gone bad. Running the 9 pin to USB A is a common troubleshooting step and most boards handle those two ports with differently.

I've uninstalled and clean installed the latest chipset drivers. No luck. I have a feeling something is wrong with one of the drivers. Device manager shows yellow over USB input device. If I uninstall that and scan for changes it will setup intergrated usb bridge. Then it will work but after a while it will stop or on restart I need to repeat the process over again.

Is there a driver file I can try?

That also includes SIV. The not-so-subtle messaging is a warning not to use it and Link/iCUE at the same time. SIV might be able to force back control on restarting the app, but the same thing applies in reverse. If you open SIV, you will need to quit it, quit Link and its services, then restart Link.