Corsair Community

Legacy Hydro Series Cooler (V2/GT/GTX) iCUE Detection Issues Megathread

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone, we've seen some of you are experiencing detection issues or the iCUE service stops unexpectedly. We have been actively working to resolve these and similar issues on the backend, but to further streamline the process, we are creating this thread and another to track the issues by cooler generation. This will help our software and validations teams to identify if an issue is isolated to a generation, model, or widespread. For tracking purposes, this thread will be specific for Legacy Hydro Series Coolers which pre-dated the launch of iCUE:

H80i GT

H80i V2

H100i GTX

H100i V2

H110i

H110i GT

H110i GTX

H115i

Any additional information you provide about your system and hardware is really useful for our teams in identifying trends/commonalities, so it is good practice to update your systems specs in your user profile, and provide it in your original post (especially if you have multiple systems). We'll continue to provide responses and updates in the threads.

I have a three year old H115i, and have not seen any detection problems. However, I certainly have seen the other issue that some are talking about, that the H115i has frozen in iCEU. I was actually playing with the settings of the H115i when it happened. Suddenly the Water Temp, Pump Speed and Fan Speed all froze. iCEU was working but could no longer change any H115i setting nor read what it was doing. I could not tell whether the H115i was frozen or just the display in iCEU. Exiting iCEU and running it again made no difference. I had to reset the PC to get things back to normal.

First, while it's great you're saying you're working on this item finally, it's disappointing that you claim the H80i V2 is Legacy, while it's still easily available at retailers, and was available direct from Corsair recently too. This product was not discontinued at or around the launch of iCue, so this just comes across as an excuse.

Now with that said, there is a huge thread of data, which I have contributed to on many occasions which clearly describe the issue that I and others are having.

I highly suggest reading that, but for a short version here is a summary of the issue I have with iCue using my H80i V2.

When using custom fan curves (which is a must, due to the poor included curves, as there is no 'balanced' curve) the graphs in the monitoring pages 'freeze'. Not that they stop moving forward sin time, but rather that all data points show the same value, so they become flat at the last read value. This affects everything, the CPU temp, GPU temp, H80i V2 liquid temp, everything.

Of course, the same data feeding these graphs is also feeding the custom fan curve, and thus it no longer controls the fan correctly, since it'd getting this frozen data. (note that I don't care for the graphs whatsoever in iCue, and would rather iCue only monitored the items it NEEDS to monitor, ie, things used in custom fan curves!)

I can get the data to start updating again by stopping/starting eth corsair service, or more easily simple end tasking the process associated, and Windows will simply restart it. Now, the data updates correctly, and the custom fan curve once again works.

My system specs are shown in the previous thread, which you failed to link in the original post: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=17896

However, the short version is that it's a Z390 based Intel system, and I have changed literally every component (case, psu, gpu, mainboard, mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc), and peripheral on my machine except the cpu itself, and the issue persists.

I *cannot* buy another Corsair product for the foreseeable future, which is really disappointing, as some of them look interesting, but I must assume that they'll have key issues which will go unresolved, and further that the issue could also prevent me enjoying other Corsair products, too, since my this issue ultimately prevents any of my lighting also being temperature based, which was a key reason for including the ML120 Pro and ML140 Pro fans in my case! However this current issue has been around for well over a year, the community has had to come together to narrow down the causes, and we just get told every few months that someone is looking, or that Corsair claim they can't reproduce it.

Edited by hearnia_2k
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So because the original thread was closed I decided to give iCue another shot after roughly, eight months.

I am on software version 3.33.246. Of course, flatlines again. I haven't even booted a game whilst I was using iCue after a fresh install. I kept too Youtube whilst I monited iCue using a custom fan curve.

Once this has locked up, I cannot change the fan speed at all, I have tried to use the fixed setting at 100% and the fans do nothing. The entire service of iCue needs a restart to make the vans respond too both my inputs and the temperature inputs of the H80i V2.

I have attached my logs to this comment. Looking through them, the most intresting is "lla-2020-10-03T22-21-32_1.log" as it shows fails of connections:

"2020-10-03T22:27:39 W cue.llaccess.server: dramWriteByte failed "Dram [0:5c]" cmd: 37 data: 66".

No idea what this is actually saying, but a comment from @Corsair would be wonderful.

Thanks.

deb20c9f5c60cbccb2efa789a3d3c4e5.png

I don't think what I said was relevent to the freezing of iCue so disregard it, the problem is still persistant though.

Flat line 04.10.2020 0102.zip

Edited by BrewMyTeabag
I was wrong.

I swapped an Asus TUF X570 Plus Gamer from a case with an H115i cooler into another with an H110i. iCue worked with the H115i, but the H100i is not detected. (My Corsair RAM is detected.)

The old CorsairLink 4.9.9.3 detects the cooler. Motherboard information and GPU temperature are shown, but nothing about the RAM.

Correction: it's an H115i pro.

Edited by bobkn

So, mind if i ask, what is the point of this thread? I'm sorry but i don't get it! The division between older, or "legacy" like you like to address them, and newer products doesn't make any sense since, as we widely stated in the previous thread, both "lines" of coolers suffer of the same issue and it's quite clear that the problem itself is in the software and not in the hardware. Plus, in the old thread there were TONS of reports, between user experiences, logs and what not... Are we starting this again? So we can wait another 2 years? But yeah, apparently Corsair is busy releasing new shiny, rgb and pricey stuff rather than actually care about their customers. Do you realize that because of this issue the software is causing, people who spent HUNDREDS of dollars buying your stuff are left with basically paperweights? Or do you think we all won the lottery, and we're supposed to buy a newer product throwing in the trash what we have, just because your dev team hasn't managed to (or hasn't cared about) releasing a sofware that works how is supposed to?

There's no way i'm buying anyting from Corsair again.

Edited by Bahamut___
  • Like 1

• Corsair Employee
Posting my logs as well. In case Corsair chime in.

Thanks for attaching your logs, appreciate it. I'll share this data with our software team and see if they can figure out what's causing your fans to flatline.

• Corsair Employee
So, mind if i ask, what is the point of this thread? I'm sorry but i don't get it! The division between older, or "legacy" like you like to address them, and newer products doesn't make any sense since, as we widely stated in the previous thread, both "lines" of coolers suffer of the same issue and it's quite clear that the problem itself is in the software and not in the hardware. Plus, in the old thread there were TONS of reports, between user experiences, logs and what not... Are we starting this again? So we can wait another 2 years? But yeah, apparently Corsair is busy releasing new shiny, rgb and pricey stuff rather than actually care about their customers. Do you realize that because of this issue the software is causing, people who spent HUNDREDS of dollars buying your stuff are left with basically paperweights? Or do you think we all won the lottery, and we're supposed to buy a newer product throwing in the trash what we have, just because your dev team hasn't managed to (or hasn't cared about) releasing a sofware that works how is supposed to?

There's no way i'm buying anyting from Corsair again.

You're not wrong, I'm with you, and this is the reason why we're encouraging you guys to share information with us so that we can report them to appropriate personnel.

The way iCUE communicates with new gen coolers vs legacy coolers is different, especially on the backend, so having a specific for each gen coolers would streamline the process when we gather data for the software team to evaluate.

Thanks for attaching your logs, appreciate it. I'll share this data with our software team and see if they can figure out what's causing your fans to flatline.

Can you give any information into the progress from the last thread that started in 2018 up to now? Have you managed to recreate this at Corsair using legacy devices?

Do you know why LINK works over iCue?

I'd be happy to help test things on my end, however, it may take time as I don't want to use iCue in its current state so I will have to remove LINK and reinstall iCue to help. Which isn't a problem if we can get to a solution together.

I appreciate the increase of presence in this thread Greybeard, the last on had a lack of input from the Corsair team and a lot of users including myself felt ignored.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks for providing the logs. I'll go ahead and pass these along to our development team for review. We'll report back with more info once we hear back.

I see that you quickly replied when someone posted logs, however, the previous post asking for an update on the analysis/progres son this seems ot have gone unanswered, again.

Please can you provide more information on what the status is?

Surely after around 2 years you've been able to reproduce this now? If not, what information would help you achieve that?

It seems clear that this occurs with these coolers when used with a custom fan curve. It's clearly part of the Corsair Service which stops updating, or more likely stops collecting valid data.

Have CPUID been engaged on this issue? Have they provided feedback?

While it's bad to have an issue like this for so long, it's far worse that the communication is so incredibly poor - it really can't be hard to set out some milestones towards a resolution, and weekly or monthly progress reports or something, at leats then it appears like R&D are doing something - Right now it appears they aren't, and it appears that even the marketing/community staff are only mildly paying attention to it at best.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having issues with my h100i v2 and the iCue software since I have this cooling system (2018).

Sometimes the h100i v2 appears twice in the iCue panel, but restarting seems to fix it.

Frequently the temperature and fan speed control seems to be freezed. I mean, after a few hours of use, I check the status of the h100i v2 in the iCue panel and the reported temperature is the same for the last hour, and if I change the profile of the fan or the pump to extreme (for example) no change is detected, then if I restart the service by using the iCue software the fans work as expected and the reported temperature changes to another more real.

I use iCue for managing a k70 rgb keyboard and a m65 rgb mouse.

Windows 10 Pro 2004 (19041.685)

I'm running MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner and AI Suite 3, none of them are controlling the pump.

My full system specs can be found in my profile.

I think that we need a solution, the fans are not responding to temperature changes, so I'm worried about the integrity of my system.

• 3 weeks later...
This is just a repeat of the previous thread.

No input from Corsair. Ignored completely and this issue is swept under the carpet.

Nice customer service.

Remember how I said in my previous comment how we felt ignored, well here we are.

Yep. This was not them trying to help, they were merely trying to bury a 33 page thread about problems spanning for years, on products that were still being actively sold on their website right until the new threads were created, so they suddenly claim they are legacy - adding insult to injury.

If they wanted to solve it they could, instead they claim unable to reproduce it, despite getting many logs, and guidance on doing so.

Hell, it wouldn't be had for them to just outright build an identical system, or even offer to replace a users system for analysis - the cost to a company the size of Corsair to do that would be negligable.

I believe they can reproduce it, and are simply not willing to fix it, because by the time people have the issue the sale is made. The software is pretty poor, and their attitude towards it is frustrating, because it really lets down some pretty decent hardware - which is now all excluded from options I would purchase.

Hi, I'm having the same issues and already made a [thread=202194]thread[/thread] about it as well.

Even with no conflicting software running the issue persists.

I hope this will be resolved soon.

This won't be resolved soon. This has been happening for well over 2 years now, and they simply locked the previous thread on the topic.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
So, i've been waiting for a fix, or even some good news since February 2019, it's exactly two years, this is unbelievable. They don't care, never cared and never will care about this, at this point i'm just gonna ditch my h100 and switch to a different cooler, i'm sick to wait honestly.