The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2019, 01:56 PM
mrsweatervest's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026646
mrsweatervest Reputation: 10

I tried iCue again after a year of giving up and using Utility Engine 2.24.35 instead. Result was a lockup after about 12 hours. I would have this same problem pre iCue when I used Corsair Link.

Is there a way to disable the Link portion of iCue? I would be happy with my old Utility Engine, but it doesn't support the Glaive Pro, which I bought last night.

MB: msi x79a-gd45 plus
CPU: 4820k
Old 12-10-2019, 11:36 PM
robb213's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027059
robb213 Reputation: 10

I had used a i7-3770K on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H for the past...8 or so years. Used Corsair Link (AX760i) and CUE (K70 RGB) until they were phased out by iCUE; so I've been using iCUE since Prime Day. Never had these issues, ignoring other ones.

On Black Friday I bought an ASRock X570 Taichi and Ryzen 7 3800X. Everything in the system tests good--hours of AIDA, Prime95, Memtest, and more without problems. But whenever I utilize my GPU I get black screens that come and go at a very rapid rapid pace, like a rave party. If I was epileptic then this would definitely trigger it. It can be games, benchmarks, or just sitting on the desktop and it will happen. If I ignore it, my GPU will just stop outputting any signal--until I move my mouse or press a button. Hell, the easiest way to reproduce this is in Red Dead Redemption 2 going through all the setting menus, scene changes, etc.

What fixes it? The moment I kill off iCUE, so just adding another comment to the pile. I'll go ahead and submit a ticket to support, but considering how this problem was originally handled a year+ ago, I'm seriously reconsidering putting Corsair on my **** list and staying away.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:09 AM

POST ID # = 1027779
Deka013 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb213 View Post
I had used a i7-3770K on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H for the past...8 or so years. Used Corsair Link (AX760i) and CUE (K70 RGB) until they were phased out by iCUE; so I've been using iCUE since Prime Day. Never had these issues, ignoring other ones.

On Black Friday I bought an ASRock X570 Taichi and Ryzen 7 3800X. Everything in the system tests good--hours of AIDA, Prime95, Memtest, and more without problems. But whenever I utilize my GPU I get black screens that come and go at a very rapid rapid pace, like a rave party. If I was epileptic then this would definitely trigger it. It can be games, benchmarks, or just sitting on the desktop and it will happen. If I ignore it, my GPU will just stop outputting any signal--until I move my mouse or press a button. Hell, the easiest way to reproduce this is in Red Dead Redemption 2 going through all the setting menus, scene changes, etc.

What fixes it? The moment I kill off iCUE, so just adding another comment to the pile. I'll go ahead and submit a ticket to support, but considering how this problem was originally handled a year+ ago, I'm seriously reconsidering putting Corsair on my **** list and staying away.
I think thats a freesync problem.Deactivate it and it should work.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:58 PM
robb213's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1027970
robb213 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deka013 View Post
I think thats a freesync problem.Deactivate it and it should work.
No, it's not. GSYNC and Freesync don't query the hardware sensors in a way to conflict with other software like HWInfo, NZXTCam, iCUE, etc. do.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:25 PM
Henrik 3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1028903
Henrik 3 Reputation: 10

Hello,
i also get this crashes and have a idea for Corsair to fix it. Why do you not change to another SDK like HWinfo instead of HwMonitors SDK. The HWinfo SDK is more recent, reads out the temperatures more exactly and also get new updates like support for the new Ryzen 3rd Gen was available 1 day after launch. Can you think about it or do an beta version with this sdk pls :D

I really want to use ICue for my Virtuoso but i cant use it in this state
Old 12-29-2019, 01:47 PM

POST ID # = 1029047
Anders0ny Reputation: 10

Curious...

I had the same issue with the BSOD while installing all versions of iCue I could find.

I fixed my issue with the software after I noticed that my CORSAIR POWER SUPPLY uses the CORSAIR DIGITAL LINK to connect to 1 of my mobo's USB headers. I disconnected this and tried re-installing again ... IT NOW WORKS !!

Could this be whats causing the headache for a few of you at least ? Hope it helps ;)
Old 01-05-2020, 03:21 PM

POST ID # = 1029919
saiisoku Reputation: 10

I just purchased the K70 Mk2 low profile speed and I'm having the issue where I plugged it in and everything was working fine, didn't download iCue. Went to shut off my PC for the night and the next morning when I started it up, it was just black screening. I had to force shut off my PC and unplug the keyboard, and it would boot up perfectly fine. Plugged in keyboard, everything fine? Tried installed iCue and updating firmware, didn't resolve the problem, uninstalled it tried, no results. Any reason why the keyboard would be causing this problem? I had a K65 and it never did this