Corsair Community

twinx1024-4400c25 VS Twinx1024-3200XL

n4cmu

I purchased the Twinx1024-3200XL along with a DFI UT N3 250GB Motherboard and a AMD Sempron 3100+ processor also a Ultra 500 watt power supply. Stable operation was achieved at 2.259 Gig = 251 FSB CLK 2T Drive Strength 2 and Latency set at 2.5-3-3-7. I looked at you help guide and saw that you did recommend using the Twinx1024-4400c25 for maximum overclocking under this recommendation I ordered this memory.... I can not get this memory stable at anything beyond 240FSB no mater what bios settings are used .... unless I'm overlooking something in the BIOS .... I have not notified anyone at the place I purchased this memory as far as a return yet. I do realize that there are several things in overclocking a system but I do believe that this memory should be at least as stable as my 3200XL memory and it is not. Using Memtest86+ to test memory. :mad:

Please advise either what settings or should I return for credit or replacement

Ken Brown

What are the memory settings of the 4400C25? Should be set to 2.5-4-4-8

Yes 2.5-4-4-8 is what the default Latency settings are for this memory and yes I tried other settings and other voltage settings also and yes clk 2 and Dram drive strength 1,2,3,4 etc etc ... either the memory is bad or not compatable with the motherboard

Archived