Corsair Community

Help with MSI Neo4 and 3200XLPT

todd645

I just purchased a Neo4-F board. I am using 2x512MB matched 3200XLPT RAM in it. The RAM worked perfectly in a Neo2 VIA based board. However, in the new board I cannot get 1T timings. I manually set the RAM to 2-2-2-5 and 200Mhz. However, if I change it to 1T it will not post. If I set it to 1T and let the other settings on auto it only runs at 100Mhz. The RAM is set to 2.8V. Is there anything else I can change to get the 1T on this board?

• Corsair Employee
If the modules ran in another system with out problem, then it is probably not the memory, but I would test the modules one at a time to be sure one is not failing. And I would check with MSI to make sure that you have the latest bios and that your PSU will work with the MB you have as that might cause this type of problem.

Thanks for the info. It turns out that it was bad Engrish in the manual for the motherboard. The RAM was in the wrong slots. For anyone else who uses one of these boards: The RAM goes in slot 1 and 2. The manual implies that 1 and 3 are correct but then contradicts it later.

Archived