Corsair Community

Stability Issues

WithForce

I have a new system put together but programs are constantly crashing and I get a lot of blue screen memory dumps etc. I've done everything to make sure the ram is ok, it passes memtest and everything but somethings not right. The problem was much worse before we tried some different bios settings, which increased performance greatly and calmed the system down a little(crashes about 50% less which is still a lot and always has problems running games). I tried running nTune(which my my board manufacturer recommends) and it seems to freeze everytime it tries to anylize the sys bus(not sure whats going on there).

Heres my specs

VS 1GB DDR 400

Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester

ASUS A8N-E motherboard

Chaintech GeForce 6600 PCIeX

Seagate 250GB SATA HD

and heres what bios looks like

1T/2T MEMORY TIMING: 1T

CAS# LATENCY: 2.5

RAS# TO CAS# DELAY: 3

MIN RAS# ACTIVE TIME: 5

ROW PRECHARGE: 3

WRITE RECOVERY TIME: 3

CPU FREQ: 200.00

PCI EXPRESS CLOCK: 100MHZ

DDR VOLTAGE: 2.70

CPU MULTIPLIER: X9

CPU VOLTAGE: 1.400

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

- Khadrik

Ok I made those changes and I updated to the latest beta bios. It seems fairly stable when I'm just browsing the internet now but I'm still getting blue screens when I try to run newer games and high performance stuff. Thanks for the help.

What Kinda PSU are you running ? You need to get a beefy PSU to get the power line goin. You need to have at least a good 20 amps and more at the 12 volt rail , give us some more input in the other components in your rig

I've got an Antec True 430 PSU. I'm also running 2 hard drives and an audigy 2 soundcard(ontop of everything I listed originally). Do you think I've got enough power? Thanks.

Archived