Corsair Community

H80 Fan control dead?

Scotri83

Hey everyone,

So I built my first computer just after Holidays! I got the h80 as the cooler aun up until today it was working great. Today when I turned on my computer both of the h80 fans were at 5500rpm in the OS! I had it on profile 3 so I figured I would change it to the low profile but after doing that nothing happend. I came on here, read some guides about resetting the firmware and attempted it nothing happened. So a few mins later, after getting off the phone with the computer store where I bought it from, I tried the reset again. This time after the reset both fans rev max then when the OS loads the fan in the right spot dies while the other one is at 5500 rpm. I checked that both fans work by plugging them into an extra fan spot and they do. They are the stock fans.

Any ideas? P.S. I have an RMA in.

Thanks,

Matt

TL;DR Fan in left socket is at 5500 rpm and fan in right socket is dead after POST

That reading has got to be wrong. The fans are only rated for 24ooRPM's max.

You wont see or hear the fans change speeds when pressing the button for the different profiles until the CPU reaches a predetermined temp.

What are your temps like?

If you already have an RMA in, then this is going to be purely academic anyway.

As previously posted by Parsec, Corsair's spec's for the H80's stock fans. http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/Blog/H100_buildlog/profile_chart.jpg

My H80's fans are capable of 2700rpm max as per indicated on the graph. Which leaves me wondering, has there been an issue of a newer or different type with certain H80's, if some have fans that only run at 2400rpm??

Your going to be best waiting for your RMA to go through ultimately, then progress from there :).

The software has got to be reading the fan speed wrong. There is no way that fan is actually spinning at over 4k RPM's That would sound like a small jet sitting next to you...or does it?

I would also expect that fan to burn up if it was actually running at that RPM

But your temps look good!

• Corsair Employee
The 4041 RPM is the fan plugged into the H80

This is most likely your pump's rpm, there is no way to monitor the fan speed when connected to the H80 controller.

2647 RPM one is the second fan plugged into the chassis fan spot.

This is about right when connected to the CHA_fan header.

Archived