Corsair Community

[Help] Corsair Vengeance RGB Out Of Sync With Eachother

My build is in both my forum profile and also here on pcpartpicker ( https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Gadolinium/saved/6fkVwP )

Looked around on some other forum posts on this issue, and even one person just gave up from the looks of it. I've got ab4x8G kit of Vengeance Pro RGB, and the 4 channels/sticks are out sync with eachother.

Just looking at all 4 sticks set to marquee, I can watch the effect start off in-sync, but then over time, they will be all out of order with eachother.

EDIT: Minor spelling issues. Want to add that the out-of-sync issue happens on ALL effects. iCue's preview always looks okay, but the effects will slowly go out of sync between the RAM sticks themselves. Even setting it to software-controlled has problems.

Edited by Gadolinium

I don't think marquee is supposed to "stay in sync" relative to each other. It supposed to appear something like a random sparkle or shifting lights. Is this happening with any other effects?

Thanks for replying! I am inclined to believe it is because in the iCue software, the preview in the software shows marquee to be in sync, and yes all effects have this issue.

Be careful with lending too much weight to previews in CUE. They don't always indicate what you will actually see.

Are you running in "full software mode" or is this unchecked (CUE settings -> RAM) and you are in Hardware mode? If you are currently in software mode, switch to hardware. Marquee is one of the hardware effects and it will play from the RAM's chip and not the software. If you are currently in HW mode, enable the software control. It is normal for you to need to reset the effect for each mode.

Be careful with lending too much weight to previews in CUE. They don't always indicate what you will actually see.

Are you running in "full software mode" or is this unchecked (CUE settings -> RAM) and you are in Hardware mode? If you are currently in software mode, switch to hardware. Marquee is one of the hardware effects and it will play from the RAM's chip and not the software. If you are currently in HW mode, enable the software control. It is normal for you to need to reset the effect for each mode.

I am having issues in both modes, but it currently is running in hardware mode. It will start off in sync, then over time I might notice a random channel hitch and be a split second ahead or behind, and then over time it just devolves into everything being multiple steps out of sync. It goes from something like a marquee to a "rainfall" (not literally) lol.

OK. I haven't used HW mode in a while, but it wasn't uncommon then for them to go out of sync eventually or certainly after sleep. However, if it is happening in both modes there could be something else going on. I would contact Corsair Support and see what they have to say.

Temporary solution is to quickly toggle to another profile and then back. That should reset the clocks. That's a lot easier if you have a Corsair mouse with built in up/down profile buttons or a Corsair keyboard. However, that action can be assigned to any Corsair KB/mouse.

OK. I haven't used HW mode in a while, but it wasn't uncommon then for them to go out of sync eventually or certainly after sleep. However, if it is happening in both modes there could be something else going on. I would contact Corsair Support and see what they have to say.

Temporary solution is to quickly toggle to another profile and then back. That should reset the clocks. That's a lot easier if you have a Corsair mouse with built in up/down profile buttons or a Corsair keyboard. However, that action can be assigned to any Corsair KB/mouse.

Fair enough. It's disheartening to hear others are having issue like this with $150 sets of RAM, so I want to see if it's an ID10T issue in my part with some dumb user error, or if I have defective RAM that needs to be sent back to Newegg.

I'll try to open a ticket with Corsair's support, and I will update this thread as it progresses.

• 5 weeks later...

Got a reply from Corsair support. Looks like my hitching may possibly indeed be bad RGB, will further test.

Hello [Gadolinium],

It is normal for the memory to be out of sync when booting up or when iCue is not running. The hardware lighting runs independently with no way to sync between sticks without iCue running.

The "enable software control" feature is to use the feature in another program such as Aura Sync. The memory should sync with this feature disabled.

If the memory is desyncing with iCue still running then there may be a hardware error and would warrant a replacement.

Regards,

[Corsair support rep]

The "enable software control" feature is to use the feature in another program such as Aura Sync. The memory should sync with this feature disabled.

That part is not entirely accurate. All the other Corsair devices are in 'Hardware mode' when CUE is not running and in software mode when it is. The RAM can be toggled independently of whether CUE is running or not. "Enable full software control" is a manual toggle between hardware/software mode for the RAM only.

CUE running and unchecked - RAM is in hardware mode. It can be changed from CUE and you will notice a slight pause on each change as the pattern is written to the device. Some limitations in complexity with this and it is possible for independent sticks to get off their timing.

CUE running and checked - RAM is in software mode. Full complex layering available. Switches with profile changes.

CUE not running and checked or unchecked - RAM is in hardware mode.

Edited by c-attack

That part is not entirely accurate. All the other Corsair devices are in 'Hardware mode' when CUE is not running and in software mode when it is. The RAM can be toggled independently of whether CUE is running or not. "Enable full software control" is a manual toggle between hardware/software mode for the RAM only.

CUE running and unchecked - RAM is in hardware mode. It can be changed from CUE and you will notice a slight pause on each change as the pattern is written to the device. Some limitations in complexity with this and it is possible for independent sticks to get off their timing.

CUE running and checked - RAM is in software mode. Full complex layering available. Switches with profile changes.

CUE not running and checked or unchecked - RAM is in hardware mode.

My thoughts as well. Their response seemed to be strange, however I will note that to the best of my knowledge it still goes out of sync while iCue is running and in software control mode. I will test a little bit more, and if it's still going out of sync, I'll start a return thru newegg