Corsair Community

Multiple controller iCUE sync/timing issues

SwerveNastea

Hey all,

I've seen one or two posts about this but they're all pretty dated. As RGB builds get more and more ridiculous, users begin to require multiple RGB controllers/hubs. I know I currently have 3 in my set up (Commander, lighting node, and lightning node pro) and I've often run into the following issue:

Within a few minutes of creating an animation across fans and LED strips, the lights will no longer be in sync with that of other lights from another controller. For example: My lighting animation, which runs a custom wave over my fans, requires me to use my lighting node pro along with my commander since I have 8 case fans. The two lower fans that I'm running on my Commander, after about a minute or two, will no longer be synced with the animation running on my lighting node pro. My main reason in writing this is to hopefully have some recognition from corsair on this topic as well as to hopefully have the issue remedied. They've proven with "Lighting Link" that they can manage to sync the clocks over more than one controller. Can we get the same clock sync to be persistent with all effects and not just Lighting Link effects?

In a perfect world it'd be insanely great to have a lighting visualizer implemented into iCUE where you could arrange your RGB components in a virtual setting so that Lighting Link effects as well as custom effects and animations would have a little more control. But this is a far fetched dream of mine and much harder and more expensive than ensuring the clocks for the controllers syncing.

• 4 months later...
I wish they would simply add options in instant lighting. Even just color shift or color pulse. Something besides just static. But let us define the colors and have it sync across all the rgb hubs and nodes. Mine start in sync but yes in time, they do become off.