Corsair Community

Can I connect a single rgb fan to a Lighting Node Pro

JavaliC

So I recently bought a 465x who cames with 3 LL120 and i also bought a H100i who cames with 2 ML120, and to complete the 6 fans i brouth one more ML120 to the back part of the case have only MLs fans.

So my question is, if i connect this only last ML120 with the other LL120 on the Lighting controler of the case i will be able to control his RGB or not? If the answer to this last question is no, can I connect this single ML fan to a Lighting Node Pro where will have a led stripe already connected

if i'm not mistaken, each fan lighting hub should only have one model of fans connected to it, or it will make weird things with the adressable lighting on that last fan (different number of LEDs per fan).

You could connect that last fan to another LNP through a fan lighting hub. The hub connects to the LNP free port (the other one being taken by your LED strip).

if i'm not mistaken, each fan lighting hub should only have one model of fans connected to it, or it will make weird things with the adressable lighting on that last fan (different number of LEDs per fan).

You could connect that last fan to another LNP through a fan lighting hub. The hub connects to the LNP free port (the other one being taken by your LED strip).

Yea I understand i will problably conect the ML fans in the lighting hub of the case and try to make than work like a LL, I know that ML fans don't have so many leds like the LL but it's the cheapest way for me to do that because things in brazil are getting crazy expensive and i'm fine if by now i could not do some lighting effects, just change the color or some more simple effects it's okay for me now.

In this specific circumstance, I would take the other 2 ML off the Platinum cooler's RGB connector and move the three ML fans to the slots 4,5,6 on your existing RGB Lighting Hub. Then in iCUE, change your lighting set-up from "LL - 3 fans" to LL 4 fans.

The three ML fans will act like they are part of 1 LL fan for moving or sequenced effects. There will be no difference for static effects. Also, you can always set a different pattern for the "last LL" (really 3 ML) fans compared to the front 3. Since that is the top and back of the case, it is probably more important visually to keep those working together vs a 1-6 fan sequence.