Corsair Community

MSI Mystic Light conflicts with iCUE

James1966

Anyone else has issues with Mystic Light messing up corsair products

Corsair Products

K95 RGB PLATINUM, LL140 RGB Fans, MM800 RGB POLARIS Gaming Mouse Pad, M65 PRO RGB Mouse and ST100 RGB Premium Headset Stand which all works fine with iCUE but

MSI Mystic Light ...

MSI Motherboard , MSI Graphics Gard and Trident Z RGB are controlled with Mystic Light but when installed it wants to over take Corsair products and when I set the Corsair products off in Mystic Light it just turns off the LED and iCUE can not control them. The two software's doen't seem to work well with each other as I wish MSI would stick with their own products and not add support for Corsair for example as Corsair has more lighting options then MSI .. I would love to see Corsair supports MSI products as well and G.Skill so I can dump Mystic Light all together as it's poorly written .

Even G.Skill own software will not work on MSI motherboards ... go figure

James

I’ve had problems with mysticlight messing with any other lighting software. It tended to cause my g.skill rgb ram’s colors to lock up regardless of whether I told it to control the color of it. I ended up just uninstalling it, and everything works better now, although I have to use my z370’s default color scheme, which I happen to like anyway.

The biggest problem with RGB stuff in general right now is that it’s all fractured. Each company wants you to use their software to control their product’s RGB features, and they tend not to support those of other companies. And of course, they various softwares interfer with each other. I can understand why they do this, as no one wants to have to support other company’s products, but it also makes for a crappy user experience unless you stick to one brand.

But Corsair and MSI have joined forces in other ways, so maybe we’ll see more integration here if we’re lucky. Hopefully there will eventually some kind of industry standard for RGB stuff in general, and we’ll be able to integrate it all more easily, but not today. I feel your pain.

I have only experienced this with the MM800 mouse mat but I have seen this before with precious versions of CUE where the mystic lighting takes control even if you don't want it to. In the end I ditched the software in favour of the more advanced offering Corsair has.

There was a mention of the corsair software working alongside MSI motherboards during the video corsair posted a while ago but I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens there.

I’ve had problems with mysticlight messing with any other lighting software. It tended to cause my g.skill rgb ram’s colors to lock up regardless of whether I told it to control the color of it. I ended up just uninstalling it, and everything works better now, although I have to use my z370’s default color scheme, which I happen to like anyway.

The biggest problem with RGB stuff in general right now is that it’s all fractured. Each company wants you to use their software to control their product’s RGB features, and they tend not to support those of other companies. And of course, they various softwares interfer with each other. I can understand why they do this, as no one wants to have to support other company’s products, but it also makes for a crappy user experience unless you stick to one brand.

But Corsair and MSI have joined forces in other ways, so maybe we’ll see more integration here if we’re lucky. Hopefully there will eventually some kind of industry standard for RGB stuff in general, and we’ll be able to integrate it all more easily, but not today. I feel your pain.

Thanks for the reply

What I done for now I uninstalled Mystic Light and re-installed Corsair Link 4 and Corsair Utility Engine as MSI Gaming APP can control the LED's on the video card... One thing is this fight over who controls who both companies don't bother with my Sound Blaster AE-5 as I wish Corsair and MSI was like that as I don't mind have more then one program for each company. So far the Memory stayed the same knock on wood as I thinking I may have to uninstall something eles to change the colors on the memory :)

James

• 5 months later...

Hey, I have a problem with Mystic Light too, specifically an exe called LEDKeeper.exe, it makes my RGB Strafe and MM800 go all red for some reason, I've been talking to Corsair Support for almost half a year and they have not resolved it, they haven't even figured out it's a problem with Mystic Light on their own (I've given them enough details to figure that out), and a few days ago they've closed my ticket lol, I hope this gets resloved, I wanted to share with you guys the information I've figured out.

For now I've moved LEDKeeper.exe to another folder until either MSI or Corsair resolves this.

Edited by arboy2

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a Mystic Light issue.

In Mystic Light click the settings icon.

In the panel marked Third Party RBG unset the setting (the only setting) Mystic light will overwrite third party RGB Software after system restart.

Exit Mystic Light and Reboot.

Be warned Mystic Light is so C**P that when it is updated it will set this back on again.