Corsair Community

LL120 Fan with AIO (Enermax Aquafusion 240)?

Djense1

I am now in the Progress to Install a complete bunch of LL120 Fans at my PC.

Here are my System Details:

Ryzen 3600X

G.Skilll Trident 16GB 3200 MHz RGB

Gigabyte RTX 3070 Eagle

Gigabyte B450M S2h Board

2x Kingston SSD 1TB & 500 GB

Sharkoon 750W Powersupply

Case Thermaltake V200 RGB

Corsair Commander Pro (+ Node Pro & RGB Hub)

I am currently upgrading CPU cooling from air to AIO Enermax Aquafusion 240

Now to my question:

As i want to control ALL Fans (incl AOI Fans) with the Corsair iCue I want to use the Corsair LL120 instead of the standard Enermax fans.

Enermax Fan RPM max speed is 2000 while the LL120 is 1500. However i cannot find anywhere a comparison of cfm of both fan types at 1500 rpm.

(fair to say that i will of course also change the front and back Radiators to LL120). I would like to have consistent control and design of all fans (as i got the Aquafusion already i am not planning to buy a corsair AOI now)

So question is has anyone experience in changing standard fans from AIOs vs LL120?

I want to ensure before bying 6 LL120 (for whole PC) that the invest is ok.

Cheers

djense1

Edited by Djense1

P-Q curves or airflow and pressure vs RPM are fairly rare. All you can do is take the maximum peak values given, then equalize for the listed RPM of the lower fan (1500/2000). In effect, multiply the Enermax CFM and pressure by 0.75. In reality, 120mm fans are not quite so linear in their P-Q curve, but this is all you can do. Also, small mathematical differences are irrelevant and often don't tell the story as to whether a fan is effective or not.

As long as your Enermax AIO fan controller can manage PWM fans (surely), then the LL can be controlled from its connectors. The RGB wires will still need to go back to a Corsair lighting controller. If for whatever reason it did not work, you can still make this happen by pairing the two radiator fans on one Commander Pro header and assigning them to a temp probe from the Commander and taped to the exhaust side of the radiator. Exhaust air temp will be an equivalent measure of coolant temperature for control purposes.

Also for what it's worth, the LL will overrun their specified speed. Most will do 1700 on a radiator at maximum, if you need it.

Edited by c-attack
Stupid predictive text