Corsair Community

iCue & Asus Support

ConfusedAF

So iCue syncs the RGB on my Strix Z490 fine but I have a issue with iCue and the below Asus products-

ASUS ROG Strix Scope TKL Deluxe (Keyboard)

Asus Rog Chakram (Mouse)

I'm under the impression that iCue does not support the above products, is this right and if so is iCue likely to ever support Asus peripherals?

If I go into armory crate to change the RGB on my keyboard and mouse it then knocks the motherboard out of sync with iCue.

Will iCue ever support other Asus products and not just motherboards?

It seems rather unlikely we will see support for Asus peripherals through CUE. There is a sticky post in the Motherboard Integration sections explaining the reasons, beyond the obvious.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194369

Do you have any other Corsair CUE gear besides the RAM? If memory lighting only, you can easily use the hardware mode for that and dispense with running CUE at all. On the other hand if you have a case full of RGB fans, it's doubtful you can see the MB lighting anyway. The Asus MB sections are just too subtle to overcome a full 5v fan assault. You would be better off unchecking the "enable plugins" to return control to Aura/AC and set a static or background color through that app.

It seems rather unlikely we will see support for Asus peripherals through CUE. There is a sticky post in the Motherboard Integration sections explaining the reasons, beyond the obvious.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194369

Do you have any other Corsair CUE gear besides the RAM? If memory lighting only, you can easily use the hardware mode for that and dispense with running CUE at all. On the other hand if you have a case full of RGB fans, it's doubtful you can see the MB lighting anyway. The Asus MB sections are just too subtle to overcome a full 5v fan assault. You would be better off unchecking the "enable plugins" to return control to Aura/AC and set a static or background color through that app.

Thanks for reply, yes I use a H115i Platinum,x2 LL RGB Fans and x4 ML RGB Fans along with x2 Nodes. Going to peruse your link now and try make a decision.

Given the hardware you have, it would seem to make the most sense to disable the Asus plugin through CUE settings and return control of the MB + peripherals to Armory Crate. Of all the elements you have the MB lighting zones are the least consequential, whereas the utility of the mouse and KB are quite relevant. Even if CUE could take over the lighting, it's still not going to offer the same level of support and control as the program that was designed for it. You have good reason to run both programs. Don't let the subtle lighting zones on the motherboard stop you from getting the most out of your gear. You should be able to set a complimentary color setting in AC and if you are constantly swapping lighting schemes between programs, you might try 0,0,0 or off for the board.

I wish things like the Asus ROG Arion NVME enclosure were supported by iCUE. I have a full iCUE build but I use a lot of Asus for anything I can't get a Corsair version.... some of those devices only work with Asus aura.

I mentioned this in another thread Asus is coming out with RGB monitors now in the next few months, so more and more Aura will be the only total peripheral end-end utility that covers all devices. I hope Corsair will support this like they support Asus motherboard and GPU.