Corsair Community

Mm800 polaris mousepad, sometimes no lights.

F5544

Hi,

I have looked on these forums and some people have the same problems but want to clarify my problem.

Sometimes when I start my pc the polaris won't light up. So no first rainbow colors.

My usb mouse dark pro still works. And when in windows and starting icue it still won't light up.

After 2 times unplug or plug the usb it recognize it and show the lights.

I got this often.

• 4 weeks later...

I've experienced this issue as well. My solution:

1. Open iCue

2. Select MM800 RGB Polaris

3. Select Lighting effects

4. Notice the Mouse pad on the right hand side, there are little squares on the right, left and bottom of the mouse pad. I clicked one square and noticed the pad lit up at that square. I then clicked the middle of the pad and the entire thing lit up again as normal.

Weird.

I tried the unplug/plug USB several times to no avail. Somehow through discovery, this has worked fairly well. I have not tested a reboot yet to determine if it will still work. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
I've experienced this issue as well. My solution:

1. Open iCue

2. Select MM800 RGB Polaris

3. Select Lighting effects

4. Notice the Mouse pad on the right hand side, there are little squares on the right, left and bottom of the mouse pad. I clicked one square and noticed the pad lit up at that square. I then clicked the middle of the pad and the entire thing lit up again as normal.

Weird.

I tried the unplug/plug USB several times to no avail. Somehow through discovery, this has worked fairly well. I have not tested a reboot yet to determine if it will still work. Good luck.

Hey Zay,

Thanks for your reply. But I even don't see it in icue then.

But the mouse dongle works. So sometimes it won't recognize the mousepad.

Unplug and plug works but is annoying.

i relegated my MM800 to the office because of how lousy it is.

at least once a week it will not light up or it will turn off for some reason. My laptop over there is only rebooted on monday, so it does stop sometimes, when it feels like it.

Never found a solution for this, and Corsair never cared to adress it despite how widespread it is.

Sometimes it works again when unplugging/plugging back, sometimes it requires a complete reboot.. it's as random as it gets.

that plus the inability to get rid of the rainbow puke when iCUE isn't running, it's globally a piece of junk that Corsair needs to pull out of the stores and replace with a reworked model.

Oh and it's unuseable with wired mice because of that ridiculously high USB socket at the back..

Edited by LeDoyen