Corsair Community

H100i Platinum not detected by iCUE on fresh build

Deekerr16

I just put together a PC with all new parts and the cooler is not being (and has never been) detected by iCUE.

So far I have tried reinstalling iCUE, changing the motherboard USB header it was plugged into, plugging it into a rear I/O USB connection (which prompted a driver installation, only at that point), manually reinstalling the drivers, repairing iCUE, removing all other monitoring software, swapping back to a motherboard USB header, and restarting the computer between each of these steps.

The cooler is recognized as a device in Windows since the drivers installed, I have no other RGB control software installed, and iCUE works fine with my RAM and keyboard.

I've looked into a bunch of other threads but haven't found a solution, I hate to open up new threads on such a seemingly common problem- but I don't think my problem is one of the usual suspects.

Hope you guys can help, thank you in advance, specs listed below.

Windows 10 x64

Intel i7 10700K

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G

MSI Gaming RTX 2060 Super

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE

Seagate FireCuda 510 SSD

Intel 730 SSD

Seagate Firecuda HDD

Corsair RM850x

iBUYPOWER Snowblind - S

Corsair K75 RGB

Logitech G600

I just put together a PC with all new parts and the cooler is not being (and has never been) detected by iCUE.

So far I have tried reinstalling iCUE, changing the motherboard USB header it was plugged into, plugging it into a rear I/O USB connection (which prompted a driver installation, only at that point), manually reinstalling the drivers, repairing iCUE, removing all other monitoring software, swapping back to a motherboard USB header, and restarting the computer between each of these steps.

The cooler is recognized as a device in Windows since the drivers installed, I have no other RGB control software installed, and iCUE works fine with my RAM and keyboard.

I've looked into a bunch of other threads but haven't found a solution, I hate to open up new threads on such a seemingly common problem- but I don't think my problem is one of the usual suspects.

Hope you guys can help, thank you in advance, specs listed below.

Windows 10 x64

Intel i7 10700K

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G

MSI Gaming RTX 2060 Super

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE

Seagate FireCuda 510 SSD

Intel 730 SSD

Seagate Firecuda HDD

Corsair RM850x

iBUYPOWER Snowblind - S

Corsair K75 RGB

Logitech G600

I have an identical issue to you but with my RM850i PSU. Tried everything. It's definately something residual since if I connect the PSU to another machine, Windows 10 detects it fine.

• Corsair Employees
Hi Deekerr16, your H100i Platinum AIO should be detected automatically by iCUE as long as you have it connected to an internal motherboard USB 9 pin header. If it's not, there could be something wrong with the cooler itself. Please contact our tech support to troubleshoot that.