Corsair Community

H100i Platinum RGB Stuck?

Hi all,

First post here so bear with me.

I've had my H100i Platinum cooler for about 2 months now and it's worked perfectly up until yesterday. Yesterday I swapped out a HDD for an SSD, I had a few complications but in the end everything works fine but then I noticed my cooler is stuck on a red, green, blue state. Anything I do in iCue doesn't change the cooler colors, it does however change the fans'. Any ideas on what this could be and how I could fix it? I attached a photo for reference.

Anything is much appreciated :)

461172360_PhotoAug11113755AM.thumb.jpg.85698c8e0e6d9b9d4f52664cfab291c2.jpg

Interesting color. Almost looks like a demo mode. There have been a few Platinum/XT "frozen LED" issues lately. Below are two discussions from this week. One resolved, one not. I suggest trying the software fixes first. There are directions linked for flashing the firmware, but as I stressed in those threads, don't do this on regular basis. Corsair would prefer you contact their Technical Support team before doing so. Something else in the no-risk category to try is shutdown, flip the PSU switch off, and unplug the PSU from the wall for a few minutes. Then reconnect and boot normally. Usually this is more helpful for stuck MB LEDs, but in theory it could force the Platinum to re-assess what it's doing as well.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=198902

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=198954

Thanks for the reply!

I tried doing to tactic of unplugging, turning off the PSU, and waiting for a bit but that did nothing unfortunately. I checked the sata cables and everything is plugged in properly, even tried different ports. I also switched the usb slot it’s plugged into and it’s still doing the same color except for the green, just a majority red and a small blue patch now. Attached is a updated photo of it.

Would you suggest doing the flashing of the software you mentioned?

EB0A75AE-0F01-42BE-95CB-3C955FAE2918.thumb.jpeg.17c55a4f8251ea2ff70bcd4bc8f4ab46.jpeg

I would try the iCUE repair install first. Easy and no change to your data. Windows Settings -> Apps -> Corsair iCUE. Left click and select modify. It will re-install itself.

If that does not work, quit iCUE from the task bar, then open up your C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming folder. There will be a list of folders in there, including one named "Corsair". CUT and paste it to the desktop removing the folder. These are all your profiles and settings, so don't delete it. Then restart iCUE. The program will re-create the necessary folders, but it will be a blank slate. Test the cooler LEDs. This is a way to assess if the cooler's configuration is corrupt or can't be read in some way. If this does not work, quit iCUE again, go back to the Roaming folder and delete the Corsair folder that was just created. Drop your old Corsair folder back in there, then re-launch iCUE. All your settings are back.

Unfortunately, this is starting to seem like a more consistent firmware glitch. The directions to do it are in the two threads. If you are not comfortable, wait and contact Corsair Support. If the two above don't work, I would contact Corsair anyway to log the issue with them so they can get some numbers on this.

Perfect. I'll try what you mentioned and get back to you on what I find.

I already reached out to Corsair support and submitted a ticket just to get a jump start on having them respond, since I've heard it takes a while for them to get back to you.

This situation is so odd. One day it's working perfectly, then the next it's not. Everything else that is related to the cooler is working properly - the 2 fans as well as the pump. They're all being detected in iCue and I can adjust all of them accordingly. I also just tried to see if there wasn't enough power getting through to the LEDs by taking off one of my SSDs from the power strip, but no luck. Which makes me wonder if the LEDs are fried? Could that be the case?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I followed the first steps of the of the troubleshooting suggested listed above and I was able to painlessly fix the issue on the first try. All it took was to go to the settings and modify the app to repair the software issue and I was good to go. Hopefully it worked out for you too!

• 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employees

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Follow this guide for me, and repair iCUE.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044638712-How-to-Fix-unresponsive-macros-and-remaps

If you continue to have trouble please create a ticket with out support team.

https://www.corsair.com/support?_ga=2.1329847.724569885.1616989995-1006432413.1609969582