Corsair Community

Lighting Node Core not detected when plugged in Commander Pro.

TheMoneySpent

Hey guys!

So I recently bought the Commander Pro and 6x QL series fans and it came with the Lighting Node Core and whenever I plug my Node Core into my ComPro it won't detect through iCue. Unless I plug both into my motherboards USB ports directly then both would be detected but that would make my ComPro an expensive fan hub. I want to use the features that it came with :(:

My specs are

Asus x570 Prime-P

3700x

2080 Super (No RGB on this one)

CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W (Corsair Vengence PRO 2x8)

Coolermaster 750w GOLD

Lian Li O11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I also have the exact same problem. I’m about to see if there is something like a PCI card with more USB headers on it so I can just bypass the commander core pros USB ports.

Update Here, I purchased a $10 USB Header Splitter from Amazon and plugged that into the MOBO. I then plugged both the commander core as well as my corsair AIO into the splitter.

The result is everything works exactly as I wanted. No USB disconnects every few minutes, and the iCue software now recognizes all my USB controllers for the lights/fans. It don't understand why this resolves the problem, but it's working perfectly now.

I have this same issue. Lighting Node Core that came with QL120's is not recognized when plugged into Commander Pro. Is recognized when plugged direct into mobo (Asus Crosshair VIII X570).

I have the spare USB port on the mobo to use, but it bugs me that the onboard ports of the $75 controller don't work as they should.

Paging Corsair support folks...