Corsair Community

Corsair iCUE H150i RGB Pro XT Not Recognized by iCue

crankypants

I've read a few of the different threads about this issue and have tried a few of the different solutions and no luck. Also tried some of the solutions in the Liquid Cooler FAQ.

I just got this AIO and it was working great but then the fans randomly ramped up to really high RPM after using it for a few hours despite temperatures not changing that would suggest full tilt fan speed according to the curve I set. They did not respond to changing fan curves in iCue or changing performance profiles. I tried restarting and they start at full speed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling iCue. I tried forcing a firmware update that failed. Now the cooler does not appear in iCue or device manager. The light on the heatsink isn't lighting up and I think (?) I was using the rainbow/spiral setting that seems to be causing issues. I also was using MSI Afterburner and HWinfo at the time. Tried uninstalling those and uninstall/reinstalling iCue still no luck. I've also tried the routing it to the back and windows recognizes it and says it setting it up but still does not appear.

It does appear in USBDeview though which is interesting since I don't see it or anything similar to it in device manager. Attaching screenshots of both. I also get the usb disconnecting sound now periodically but that goes away if I uninstall iCue.

Any other troubleshooting routes I should try? My hardware is in my profile.

USBDeview.thumb.PNG.fe567fd806c79b02041660e91482b9ea.PNG

devicemanager.thumb.PNG.13cdbc4e5279df28eafb9a3917264313.PNG

Edited by crankypants
Adding some more detail/clarification on when issue began.

The initial problem may have been a polling conflict with HWiNFO. Loss of fan control and garbage data values are common when that happens. Afterburner is a non-issue unless you somehow find a way to make it read Corsair hardware, something it normally doesn’t do. However, the failed firmware attempt may have exacerbated the problems and I suspect you’re stuck in limbo. I would contact Corsair support or exercise return options if it’s new.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had exactly the same issue! PC idling and all of a sudden all 3 fans went to full speed and I can’t control the speeds anymore. Restarting the computer and the fans go to full speed straight away.

Have submitted a ticket. Let us know if you hear of a fix first.

Just had exactly the same issue! PC idling and all of a sudden all 3 fans went to full speed and I can’t control the speeds anymore. Restarting the computer and the fans go to full speed straight away.

Have submitted a ticket. Let us know if you hear of a fix first.

If you have a Platinum or XT cooler, you want to force update the firmware through the CUE settings. It will momentarily go offline, but that should last 3-5 seconds. If you have any other model besides the Platinum or XT, don't do this, start a new thread, and we will try and figure it out.

Also, be aware there always is some risk in flashing the firmware, as demonstrated above. If you are not comfortable doing this, wait for Corsair Support. They may tell you to do the same thing, but then you have been given instructions to do so.