Corsair Community

H100i Pro not detected in iCUE

My Corsair H100i Pro is not being detected in iCUE, I have installed the micro USB header to both USB headers on my Commander Pro and still no detection from iCUE. I even tried to connect the USB 2.0 to the spare connection on my motherboard and still no detection from iCUE. Is my cable faulty or do I need to replace the entire AIO?

My device manager is detecting an unknown USB Drive as connected, is this the cooler?

• Corsair Employees
The unknown device could be the H100i Pro.

You can install the drivers manually from the iCUE installation folder (under drivers).

You can test with another cable as well - it's standard Micro USB so you can use a standard cable and route to rear IO panel.

As DevBiker mention, I would route it to the rear IO and see if it detects it. If it detects it, you could run a repair on the software. Just run iCue's installer package and you'll have an option to repair the installation.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posting here instead of starting a new thread. Same problem as noted H100i not detected. Unlike the others, I do not have any unknown devices. I tried re-seating the USB cable to no avail. It does change from green to rainbow as windows starts, so I think the software is working. It would be nice to be able to control though.

Between this and the ASROCK A-Tuning software, fan management is a joke.

More details....

- IT WAS WORKING!!!!

- its a brand new build

- ASROCK X570 Creator with AMD RYZEN 7 3800X processor and Windows 10

- IT WAS WORKING!!!!!

- In light of advice I've read about a driver conflict I've completely reinstalled Windows 10 and have not installed anything but Windows updates.

@wjb3 IF you manage to find a fix let me know. I've recently installed a h100i platinum cooler and 3 days later it still won't be recognised by the iCue software, I've tried everything I can possibly think of and I've come to a dead end.

I feel ya brother...its' frustrating because it was working....you do the same!

This started happening to me too after the latest update 3.33.246

When I boot it's fine, I can see the device and fan speeds, a minute later the colours stop changing and I can no longer see up to date RPMs, colour in iCue is correct but not on the unit itself. If I exit iCue and start it again I no longer see the cooler, just my RAM.

It was Working fine for 3-4 months...

After uninstalling that version, rebooting, and installing some older one I found linked on this forum ( https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.24.52_release.msi ) it seems to be working again. I did also delete the "Corsair Composite virtual input device" from within Device Manager before installing but could give it a go without that step see if it works.

Hello everyone, I registered here to report the same issue with my H100i RGB Pro XT. It has become really frustrating.

The RGB will only detect if I power off the system and reboot. A short time later, it's the same issue of the device not being detected all over again.

A solution would be very much be appreciated.

Hey there, i had a very similar issue with my h100i, it didnt show up at all. If you go into device manager and find corsair USBXp, right click it and then enable device, it may be disabled as mine was. Not sure why but that was the fix i found, hope this helps

• 2 months later...
So, I ordered this AIO because my previous one seemed to be faulty. I install this new cooler and to no avail it does not power on. My guess would be that the commander pro is not receiving power whatsoever, I then plugged in the fans to sys_fan on my motherboard and they began to spin, but no lights and my CPU is sitting nearly at 100 degrees Celsius. I am lost as to what my next steps should be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The unknown device could be the H100i Pro.

You can install the drivers manually from the iCUE installation folder (under drivers).

You can test with another cable as well - it's standard Micro USB so you can use a standard cable and route to rear IO panel.

in my case usbdeview detects h100i but

icue does not detect h100i. I tried reinstall, bios flash, plug out everything and plugging it back but still not solved. Led is not working and fans run at max rpm.

It happend while updating icue software...

I'm still having the issues. Received a brand new one (RMA replacement) from OriginPC. Bought my own certified replacement cables. Nothing has circumvented the inevitable.

Rerouted the USB to a rear port rather than the Node (Node now just controls my RGB strips), same problems.

Root cause still seems to be a flawed firmware, as all of the issues began with the brick-esque firmware update Corsair released a few months ago. I've done the manual "update" via XMPBootloader at the behest of 'Corsair Patrick', temporarily fixed it, cooling works as expected, but the RGB might as well be non-existent.

I don't believe this is a hardware issue... unless the firmware fried the hardware...

That's a scary scenario for Corsair...

• 2 weeks later...
Did you ever have any luck getting this fixed? I have the same issue on a new build.

I solved my issue by installing a powered internal USB hub, plugged into my motherboard's USB header and powered by my power supply. I then plugged my Commander Pro's USB cable into the hub. This solution was suggested to me by Corsair support as my motherboard (Asus Prime X570 Pro) has a known issue of not providing enough usb power to the H100. For my issue, it was a simple fix.

Best,

Mike

I was having the same issue of Icue not seeing the cooler but fans and lights all worked. I had my pump USB plugged into a Commander Pro and then the Commander plugged into the USB on the MB. I removed the connection of the pump to the commander and went straight to USB header on MB and it worked. Maybe this can help someone with same issue.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see Corsair throwing out all of us who don't rush out to replace perfectly working Corsair products.

Hydro 100i V2...no longer shows up in iCue as of their new 4.x program.

So. Not only is the new software's installer a horribly UX experience (redundant is redundant). But the new version doesn't even support the older products.

Oh well, v3.38.61 still picks up H100i V2.

That’s because the GTX/v2 series is not supported in CUE 4 as noted in the release notes and the pinned thread below.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=205023

Which is hilarious, because 4.x detects the RAM (whose LEDs can't even be controlled, even though 3.x and 4.x think they can be), and the HX850i. All Corsair, all purchased at the same time the 100i V2 was.

There is zero reason to drop support for support for a unit that hasn't changed at all...adding LEDs doesn't change how the fans, pump, and sensors work.

Planned obsolescence doesn't help anyone; Corps aren't people, despite what the law states.