Corsair Community

How to Utilize K95 Platinum Profiles on Multiple Computers.

clewis

Greetings,

I just upgraded from a K70 to a K95 RGB Platinum for use at work (ambulance dispatching). I configured my profiles on my personal computer but when I brought the keyboard into work and plugged it in, only the default profiles were available. When I plug the keyboard into my personal laptop the profiles I created are there and are saved under onboard profiles. I have updated and am running the most up to date versions of the firmware (3.21.28) and iCUE (3.28.75).

Is it possible to create and save profiles to my K95 on my personal laptop and be able to utilize them on a different computer?

I have thought about making a request to our IT department to get iCUE installed but that can be a big ordeal and there is the good chance that they say no. Also depending on the day I could be working at any one of three workstations and would appreciate not having to install the software and set up the profiles on all three of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you have actually saved the lighting/actions to the keyboard. It is a two step process. While a recent change has made it possible to save a lighting or action scheme from any profile, my suggestion is to use the "hardware profiles" generated when you plugged the KB in on the iCUE PC. Those are labeled as "K95P HW1-3".

1) In HW profile K95P HW1, create the lighting you want under the "Hardware Lighting" tab. This is not the same as the lighting effects tab. Then create any actions you need under "Hardware Actions". Once that is done, go to step 2.

2) Click the Onboard Profiles tab and the three save slots will show up. Select the one that matches the profile you are working in HW1=Slot 1, etc. Click on it and you will get the standard confirmation "do you want to overwrite" language. Yes and then you should get the save graphic.

3) Repeat for HW2 and HW3.

You don't have to wait to get to work to test it out. On your laptop, quit iCUE from the task manager or > on the task bar. If iCUE is not running, you are now in Hardware mode and those three profiles should be active. You can shuffle between the three of them with the profile key above F1/F2.

• 3 weeks later...