Corsair Community

Help with a 9 fan setup please!

whoisthegooch

Ok everyone bear with me and be gentle....first time builder.

Im about purchase fans and and my head is spinning a bit trying to figure out what I need.

Lian Li 011D air cooled only build.

I want to run 9 LL120 fans and have them work in sync with one another. wether it be rainbow lighting or solid colors or effects. I think I need 2 Lighting Node Cores but Im not really sure.

Everything is still in boxes and Im going to be building soon but I cant seem to find an LL120 3 pack with a lighting nore core only a Lighting Node Pro.

any help would be appreciated.

no worries, I did struggle a little with the Corsair stuff too, but it's basically pretty easy.

In each LL120 3-pack you will get a lighting node pro (the small box) and a rgb fan hub (the slightly larger box)

in each rgb fan hub you can plug in up to 6 fans - so you'll need 2 of those. the last port on the top side is for the lighting node pro - it has 2 ports which just happens to line up with the 2 hubs that you need. You then just plug in the node with the USB 2.0 header into your MB and you can set everything according to your wishes in iCue - just make sure to select the correct model and amount of fans on each lighting channel.

And mind, this is only for rgb control - if you want to control your fan rpm in iCue aswell you will need a commander pro. Without it you are stuck with bios settings for your fans.

You might also want to take a look at this thread by Zotty - it helped my out a lot to geht behind how everything works together:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880&t=173880

Edited by Infin1tum

The Core is RGB Hub and lighting controller for fans only in one package. Only the QL and SP-Pro come with it.

The LL multi-pack will come with the more traditional Lighting Node Pro and RGB Hub. The difference is each LNP can take 2 RGB hubs. Each RGB hub can take 6 ML/LL/HD fans so you will need 1 Node Pro and 2 RGB Hubs. If you bought 2 LL120 "multi-packs", that will be everything you need.

If you have not purchased any fans yet, you might look at the QL. It will be a bit more, but there are some strategic advantages to using the double sided QL in the O11 series and it makes for a perfect flexibility on directional flow.