Corsair Community

Hardware Lighting (Commander Pro/Lighting Node Pro) in v3.10

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to provide an update since this was a common request. In the next version of iCUE (v3.10), we are introducing hardware playback (per channel) on Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro. This means we will finally allow all of our users in iCUE to change the default lighting pattern when iCUE *is not* running. Due to hardware limitations, the effects will be much more limiting than software mode, but we were able to apply this to LL Series RGB fans, something that wasn't possible before in LINK.

I know this feature has been long in demand but one of the reasons why it took so long is because iCUE lighting is very different from LINK lighting so we had to redo a lot of this in the backend. We have many more enhancements in our development pipeline but as this was a popular feature in LINK, I wanted to share this first to address all of the requests and concerns.

I've attached a screenshot here for your preview:

attachment.php?attachmentid=34615&stc=1&d=1543282421

689450491_HardwareLighting.thumb.PNG.955bfbc9218627ed18b40d0c3a70b8ca.PNG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three questions:

1. Can the "hardware lighting" be different than your "lighting channel" selection ? For example, I use "Pong" lighting channel mode, can I choose static for the "hardware lighting" ?

2. WHEN IS 3.10 !!!!! :)

3. I know this is a long shot, but any chance this applies to the MM800 mousepad ? If not its still a great step in the right direction. Is the MM800 possible ?

P.S - 3.10 would be a great XMAS gift :)

Three questions:

1. Can the "hardware lighting" be different than your "lighting channel" selection ? For example, I use "Pong" lighting channel mode, can I choose static for the "hardware lighting" ?

Yes.

2. WHEN IS 3.10 !!!!! :)

Dunno, that's up to Corsair James.

3. I know this is a long shot, but any chance this applies to the MM800 mousepad ? If not its still a great step in the right direction. Is the MM800 possible ?

Nope, unfortunately not. The MM800 doesn't have any onboard memory or much smarts.

P.S - 3.10 would be a great XMAS gift :)

I think you'll see it before then but that's up to Corsair James.

What about the K95 Pro Platinum Keyboard? I'd like to see it boot up with solid colors instead of each key blinking in a weird fashion :D

could always do that anyways dude.. just save a profile you want into its onboard storage in iCUE

YES! YES! YES! YES!

I cannot wait for this, I am so tired of the rainbow disco when my monitor goes into standby mode.

I'm assuming I can set hardware lighting to static color black (off) this way all LEDs are off when my monitor goes into standby?

Also I've been eyeing several new Corsair goodies I'd like to purchase, but have been holding off until my LNP would work how I want, so it looks like very soon I'll be saying TAKE MY MONEY!!! ;)

Edit: grammar

could always do that anyways dude.. just save a profile you want into its onboard storage in iCUE

I thought so too but it wasn't working until yesterday, I deleted the profile that was there and recreated a new one after doing a firmware update and viola it is working. Cheers dude

I thought so too but it wasn't working until yesterday, I deleted the profile that was there and recreated a new one after doing a firmware update and viola it is working. Cheers dude

No worrys man :).. happy you are sorted :)

Poor.. do no abilight on this test? January, february, marchewka? Aby chance?

Poor?

did I miss an announcement?.. as i have yet to hear anything... at all! to do with 'ambilight' you sure you have the right manufacturer or indeed forum lol

or are you guys either assuming or making suggestions?.. either way.. asking what month it will be ready is a waste of your own time lol.....

Yeah it is nice that Corsair listens. They can't just snap their fingers and magically get things done, they work to a goal and deliver. Thank you James and great work! Look forward to new features of iCUE!

Just check date of first topic about ambilight.. IT is not a weaks or months. First voice was about 2 Years ago?

Corsair now is on back vs others companys.

I knows its only users request.

But this future is waiting quiet long time.

I'm thinking about change for Aquacomputer QUADRO. Couse they allredy implement this.

My friends is going to buy new controller for fans, and he need voltage and PWM controll. But when he saw price and functionalyty CommanderPro, he decide swap two voltage fans for PWM and buy QUADRRO with ambinet.

So.. it is not only my problem with this.. also Corsair Companys is loosing potention customoers.. and Corsair is few step to loose me, in last year i buy Corsair rmx850w white, CommanderPro, NodePro, case 400C, 570x mousepad, ram 3600 16gb.. only couse im corsair fanboy.

And i will by hapy to be still fanboy. Do we both standing on the wall.

Archived