Corsair Community

GA-P55A-UD4P issue with CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B

sirslade

As the title says, I've got GA-P55A-UD4P motherboard and recently bought CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B ram as an upgrade to CMX4GX3M2A1600C8

I checked the compatability chart and it showed up as the first on the list for my motherboard.

My issue is when the load gets higher (as in playing a game) the system shuts off. I'm not sure if there's something I have to change in the bios to make this work, but I'm at a loss (I tried changing the mhz that the ram was running at, and also using 1/2 sticks alternating them to make sure it wasn't a bad stick, nothing worked).

Thanks for the help, I'm at a loss here. I know a little bit about tweaking the settings but not enough to do it confidently that I won't mess up the system.

Download and install FurMark. Its a program that will run a stress test on your system.

What are the specs for your PC? This could be a PSU problem. It could be that you are using overclocking memory. Need more information about your system and what exactly you are doing at the exact second it turns off.

Can you use the dropdown box by my username for full specs? Mobile atm and dont want to type it up on the android keyboard.

Also, as mentioned I was playing games, didnt matter which one. If I had to guess id say its when the load got close to or exceeded 4GB

Can you use the dropdown box by my username for full specs? Mobile atm and dont want to type it up on the android keyboard.

Also, as mentioned I was playing games, didnt matter which one. If I had to guess id say its when the load got close to or exceeded 4GB

Yeah, just noticed that and looking it over now.

When you say you are testing it with 1/2 sticks, this means you are using 4 sticks of ram when your system crashes? If so, try recreating the issue with 2 sticks of ram (if you haven't already done it) and see if it still crashes. Also do memtest86 on your ram for about 15 minutes. If all turn out good, do one overnight so that its a thorough test This is semi optional, most likely if your ram tests good for 15 minutes, its probably good. To be 100% sure its not the ram itself, I recommend a longer test.

Check all sata cables to cd/dvd, hd and motherboard. Make sure your fans are working correctly and download a program that tests the temperature of your hardware.

Do you have another PSU that you know is absolutely 100% good AND has enough power for your rig? You want to have 20-30% more power than you really need. If you do swap it out and re create the conditions of the crash.

A lot of times when a system just shuts off, its a PSU issue. Software and even I/O devices will give you error messages.

So, sorry for late response, it's been a busy weekend. Anyway, Yes I did try it with only one, two and four sticks of ram in the system. I don't have a way of burning a CD to do memtest, so that's out. I also don't have a backup PSU, I'm pretty sure it's got enough for my setup though, the PSU is designed to power an extra video card and I've only got one so I don't see how there can be a problem (Plus, if it still shuts off with only one stick, yet I've got two in there and have had two for the last year, where would there be an issue? Plus, my old sticks are a higher voltage than the new ones.). I think I'm just going to try and return it to newegg, if there shouldn't be a problem but is it's not worth dealing with.

Archived