Corsair Community

Need current info for TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX

guitarmech111

I just want to make sure there is no change to what I found in searching this mobo and memory in this group. I plan on using a Phenom 9950 Black with this setup. I think I may need to upgrade my P/S however. I have the Antec 450W. I don't know the model right now since I am at work. My gut tells me I need more juice.

Anyway:

MSI K9A2 Platinum

AMD Phenom 9950 Black

CM2X2048-6400C5DHX X2

ATI HD3850

I have seen the voltage needs to be set to 2.1 volts with an updated BIOS.

Anything else particular to watch out for?

Overclocking options?

I appreciate whatever help you guys can give. I don't come here too often, but when I do, I am glad you guys are here!! :)

Regards,

Conley Shepherd

Joyful Noise Productions

You should not need 2.1v for this kit. http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX.pdf

It's tested and rated at 1.8v.

Also, are you talking about running 2 modules total or 4 total?

Sorry, 2 pieces at 4G total. Thanks for the info. Glad I checked first. I plan on getting a new P/S or should I be ok with the 450W Antech?

Also, can I O/C this memory to the 1066 speed?

• Corsair Employee

For the PSU rating, use the PSU finder on our home page to get a PSU recommendation.

As for the OC, using a Phenom very few users get even 2 modules to 1066 due to the memory controller limitations. I have not seen any users able to get to 1066 with 4 modules. And, regardless of platform, I would not expect this memory to OC to 1066 with 2 or 5 modules.

For the PSU rating, use the PSU finder on our home page to get a PSU recommendation.

As for the OC, using a Phenom very few users get even 2 modules to 1066 due to the memory controller limitations. I have not seen any users able to get to 1066 with 4 modules. And, regardless of platform, I would not expect this memory to OC to 1066 with 2 or 5 modules.

Ok, thanks. I probably don't need to O/C anyway. I was just curious. These things are going pretty fast as it is anyway.

I am going to purchase the Corsair 550W PS. I could use the 450W, but I think I would be at the minimum requirement.

thanks for the info!

• Corsair Employee

You are very welcome and thanks for choosing Corsair. And, don't let me discourage your from OCing as it is free performance. However, I did not want to give any false impressions or bad info.

Have fun with the new build :!:

You are very welcome and thanks for choosing Corsair. And, don't let me discourage your from OCing as it is free performance. However, I did not want to give any false impressions or bad info.

Have fun with the new build :!:

It is built and running but, The memory I got was DDR2 800 and I thought it was DDR2 1066. From what I see, the K9A2 Platinum will take the 1066 if I am using the Phenom 9950BE.

Am I wrong to assume so?

I plan on getting this:

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

I should be able to, right?

It is built and running but, The memory I got was DDR2 800 and I thought it was DDR2 1066. From what I see, the K9A2 Platinum will take the 1066 if I am using the Phenom 9950BE.

Am I wrong to assume so?

I plan on getting this:

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

I should be able to, right?

Phenom is known to be wonky with >800Mhz DRAM. It's a chancy thing and if I were you, with that hardware, I would stick with the DRAM you already have.

I note that you have not bought any parts yet. Are you open to suggestions?

Phenom is known to be wonky with >800Mhz DRAM. It's a chancy thing and if I were you, with that hardware, I would stick with the DRAM you already have.

I note that you have not bought any parts yet. Are you open to suggestions?

I am a very impulsive guy. :)

I got the PC6500 dominator memory. I got it recognized as 1066 and the CPU is running at 3.0GHz.

What is it exacty I shold be looking out for, or should I run the memtest or something different?

Thanks for the reply!

• Corsair Employee
I am a very impulsive guy. :)

I got the PC6500 dominator memory. I got it recognized as 1066 and the CPU is running at 3.0GHz.

What is it exacty I shold be looking out for, or should I run the memtest or something different?

Thanks for the reply!

If it is stable I would use the age old philisophy, "if it is not broken, don't fix it". If you are having stability issues, I'd begin with Memtest.

Archived