Corsair Community

LL120 Fans flickering after startup

EddyJ1

I have 3x LL120 fans and 4x LED strips, some reason when I boot up my PC the fans start flickering (only once windows loads, they work fine until the software kicks in) and won't update/accept changes from iCUE, however the LED strips work completely fine, the only way I can fix this is to repair the installation every time.

I've tried resetting by emptying the profile to have nothing connected but it still doesn't work, has anyone else has a similar problem? They work great once I run the repair install.

Here's a gif of what is happening, sorry not how to do good quality gifs.

https://giphy.com/gifs/7JsLEmmYRIKlzp6BL8

To compare this is how the same effect looks without flickering.

https://giphy.com/gifs/3PxOQ0ETmDNF4t7C40

I would really like to be able to get this working because it sucks having to repair every time I start my PC.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the exact same issue since the latest update. I have 4 LL fans, 4 RGB strips, K95 platinum speed, Glaive and a Hydro H115i (old model) installed. All parts are working fine with the exception of all 4 fans. They start flickering in absolute seizure mode after a fresh (cold) boot or after waking out of sleep mode. Exactly like above shown GIF, even though rainbow is not my default color setting.

Everything was working fine prior to the update.

Only solution so far is to completely reboot from Windows. So not really a proper way to fix it.

Small side note: I did swap RAM modules that same day but I can hardly believe that has anything to do with it.

Edited by Gerder

Good to know other people have the same issue and it seems everyone has 3+ fans and 4 LED strips, I figured if you go to task manager then services and restart the Corsair service it works without a reinstall but still inconvenient.

I wonder if there are any logs we can post to help debug it, hopefully can get an official response

Same Issues. Node Pro , fans stick to default profile until restart. Ive been messing with usb settings because also having problem with k63 connecting wirelessly , only using 6 usb slots outta 10. not sure if that is part of my problem maybe need to go back to K65 and do some testing.

4 LL120s

Node Pro - Fan Hub

I have the LL140 x3 and when I start the computer, the lights go into hyper rainbow speed..The only way I have been able to revert and get them working normally is to A. Repair the install or B. Force update the Node Pro firmware..

I have uninstalled and reinstalled icue to no avail...

On a side note, I do have 2 RGB strips, but they are connected directly to my motherboard and I use ASUS Aura to control those..However, I have not had any problems with those..My K70 Lux RGB, H115, Vengance RAM, and MM800 all start and perform as they should, at least from what I can tell..

Just adding to the discussion. I've been experiencing the same problem ever since the new update, aside the from the hideous rainbow wave of default.

Only solution is to reboot computer.

Try restarting the Corsair Service. You may need to shut down iCue first (not always).

I'm running 6 LL fans and 4 RGB strips all connected to a commander pro and I'm having the same problem.

Just adding to the discussion. I've been experiencing the same problem ever since the new update, aside the from the hideous rainbow wave of default.

Only solution is to reboot computer.

No need to reboot, just do as EddyJ1 said

Go task manager > services > restart CorsairService

Doesn't look like there was an update but somehow it worked fine when I booted my PC today, anyone else experienced the same?

I noticed there's a 50/50 chance on starting my PC up from sleep that the LL120s will start going crazy.

Restarting the Corsair service fixes it.

built my computer a week ago with 6x LL120 fans and they started flickering today. I've tried using Corsair link and iCue and restarting the processes/rebooting and none of that has fixed it. any suggestions?

Same here ! Replaced the Node Pro already,I thought the first one was deffective, but after a pc startup it jumps into wtf mode. Only restart helps(sometimes), but its not a solution. I check every day for iCUE update or Node Pro Firmware update.

hey all, built mine a week ago after a long while of not building computers. still satisfying to press the button and system smoothly hums to operation =)

using coMpro to handle 2 x LL120, 3 x LL140, H100i v2, and K70rgb rf.

got no issues with my keyboard and cooler (i think)

but the fans RGB worked for a week then started dancing around and a few even experienced missing LED.

it's pretty hard to isolate the issue to be honest as it's erratic.

i did try the route of re-ordering the fans and also playing around with cor.serv. initially, restarts solved the problem, but after a few days, restart didnt even help.

latest i did was to re-arrange the fans (after trying to isolate if any specific fan issue due to the missing LED) and reinstall iCUE. so far it's all ok, but i am very skeptical and a bit disappointed with these products.

anyhow, apart from the RGB, fans look to be operating well, just that in iCUE i don't seem to see/hear changes when i try selecting different fan modes (e.g. QUIET vs Balanced)

oh! one thing i noticed, if ever you get tired of this flickering, you can set iCUE ComPro to other than LL fans, and it'll steadily rainbow without glitch. but obviously, we didn't spend our fortune and not be able to utilize its functionalities.

hopefully a fix falls from heaven...

UniEizMan, selecting modes (quiet,balanced,Extreme) does nothing unless you click on the bar (fan or pump) after selecting the mode. I have noticed that with my H100i v2, if I change the profile from quiet to extreme, nothing happens untill I click on the bar where it shows Fan#1 and Pump#1 with current mode and RPM. Maybe you have to click on the fans after you select Extreme mode to choose which of the fans should run in Extreme mode (seems that you can run different fans in different modes) But I am not sure, I don't have CoPro.

hi @raccoonv2, was actually able to figure it out right after the post and a reinstall of the icue. now am able to customize my exhausts cia the comPro and the rad fans via the h100i v2 in icue. monitoring i use for the temp are the levels shown for the cpu vs the h100i v2 temps or the board temps.

so cool that they work now.

though yeah...fans atill flicker after restart...