Corsair Community

GS700 - Fan at max RPM constantly

Fma965

Hi i have had this PSU the Gaming Series GS 700 PSU for just over a year and in the past few weeks (just out side of the amazon guarantee) the fan on the PSU has been turning on more and more and now it won't stop. even at idle.

The PSU is overpowering 2 corsair af120's, 2 Cooler Master fans and even my GPU it's insanely loud.

Am i still eligible for a RMA (it's been 1 year and 2 months) and what would i get as a replacement as from what i can tell GS series are no longer made.

according to the sound meter app for my phone (yes not accurate but a good base) my PC is making 50-55dB

EDIT: also i did the 2 pin jumpstart and it didn't spin up constantly but still more than you would expect for almost 0 LOAD. I even powered it on my computer with just my MB, CPU and GPU and it still was constantly spinning.

• Corsair Employee

The PSU is overpowering 2 corsair af120's, 2 Cooler Master fans and even my GPU it's insanely loud.

Ok.... This sounds a bit weird.

Your GPU fan isn't powered by the PSU! Not directly at least. They're powered by the fan controller on the graphics card.

And where are these two AF120's and two Cooler Master fans plugged in? The motherboard or directly into the PSU?

Ok.... This sounds a bit weird.

Your GPU fan isn't powered by the PSU! Not directly at least. They're powered by the fan controller on the graphics card.

And where are these two AF120's and two Cooler Master fans plugged in? The motherboard or directly into the PSU?

Yeah I know that, if you read my post again you will see I said overpowering not powering as in I meant the sound from my psu is over powering the sound from everything else.

The 2 corsair fans are in sysfan1 and the cpufan is controlling the other 2 since they are on my cooler master EVO 212 cpu cooler.

But I have done further testing since and concluded it's faulty and overheating to the extent of burning smells. Already sorted with corsair and just need to rma it tommorow once funds are in account ready for express rma.

Thanks for the help though.

• Corsair Employee

I can read your post over and over again and when you say "overpowering" I can only think that you're under the impression that the PSU is giving too much lower to the GPU and case fans making everything loud.

But, whatever... Glad you got it sorted.

same here had my GS700 for over a year in a half.. just yesterday..it started to go Max and has not shut down to idle.. on 0% load...WTF??? it loud and annoying!! does that mean its time to get a new one??

Yes, Just start a RMA request, Also check your PM from me :)

• Corsair Employee
My english is fine and that was a correct use of the word.

http://i.imgur.com/SvAaQR7.png

Not to beat a dead horse.... I never said your English was incorrect. But using the term "overpowering" to describe something that is louder than everything else in the context of a component that actually provides power and therefore can literally overpower (i.e. too much voltage, etc) other components, is rather confusing.

You've already been told to do an RMA. Did you start a ticket yet?

I know that wasn't to be me but just thought i would say i got my replacement cs750m works great...

Um i'm a little confused now on what information to put on the "UPS Collection" via Parcel2Go any assistance?

http://i.imgur.com/yDOqXbN.png

What should i put in the rest of them? Here is my return label but i still need to add the information to the correct boxes here.

http://i.imgur.com/7K8lWp6.png

Archived