Corsair Community

LL120 Fans flickering after startup

EddyJ1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found a solution that worked for me and a few others. Please read fully before you begin.

You will need to backup your profiles before you begin and this will reset everything in iCue as if it were the first time you used it so keep that in mind.

First uninstall iCue and tell it to remove all user settings during the uninstall process.

Next you will need to remove any left over folders as follows:

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair"

• "C:\ProgramData\Corsair"

• "C:\Users\Whisky Lima\AppData\Roaming\Corsair"

(note that your user data will not be under Whisky Lima and some of your folder locations may differ from mine)

I don't know if this is a necessary step but I then ran CCleaner to clean up the registry only. You might need to run the registry cleaner a few times to get everything and make sure you backup your registry before your begin and with each time you run the cleaner.

Once complete restart your computer and reinstall iCue. Then you can get to work, setting everything up again and import any profiles you saved.

Please note that CCleaner can cause problems if it is not used correctly and I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong. Feel free to try this without the ccleaner step if you are not sure.

We're working on implementing a fix that hopefully resolves this in 3.4. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Great thanks! For me, my 3 LL120's go all wonky (flashing and such) after resuming the PC from sleep. Win10 (latest) and iCUE 3.3.103. Only way to fix is restart.

Has anyone found a permanent resolution to this issue? I'm experiencing the flickering on initial startup as soon as icue starts on my 3 x LL120. I'm controlling the fans via a commanderpro.

The only resolution for this that i found is opening task manager and end task on Corsair.service 32bit that's worked for me the service will restart and the flickering stops and icue works as it should the only real permanent resolution is for Corsair to Fix this bug.

We're working on implementing a fix that hopefully resolves this in 3.4. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Thank you so much for acknowledging that there is a problem and your working on fixing it. It is appreciated!

Now just please follow through and make sure that something is done to correct this. You championing a problem like this means a lot to the actual consumers and it really should mean something to Corsair as well!

Im having the same problem. CORSAIR PLEASE FIX YOUR STUFF!!!!:mad: Im sad that I cant play farcry 5, because my lights keep flickering and wont stop unless i restart my PC or end iCue thus not letting me use the feature in farcry that i bought the ll120's for. Edited by cartoonsk8

Those of you still having issues can try this:

• Go to Windows Settings > System > Power & Sleep
  • Look for the "Additional Power Settings" This will bring up a second window.
  • In here click on, "Choose what the power button does"
  • Now select "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
  • Now you will see the options at the bottom come to life.
  • You will need to turn off Fast Start-up by un-checking the box.
  • Click on "Save Changes" at the bottom to finish.

This will fix the problem when you turn on the computer, but wont stop it from happening when you resume from sleep.

Please also be aware if you have a mechanical hard drive as your boot device this will make your computer boot much slower but for those with an SSD, you shouldn't notice much difference.

The Devs are aware and are working very hard to fix this problem but in the mean time this should help a little.

I'm on 3.4.95. And 2-3 days earlier I did switch off Fast Start-up on Win 10 and since then (consistent through maybe 4 starts later) it fixes the problem. I set my desktop never to sleep so agree that taking probably literally an extra 2 seconds to boot up is not an issue.

3.4 is much better on my Ryzen build than 3.3, so as this is the only problem I'm having on it, I'm very happy. (3.3 would not even let me access various downloaded profiles for my RBG Strafe, as well as controlling my LL fans only 5% of the time.) Thanks developers!

Great thanks! For me, my 3 LL120's go all wonky (flashing and such) after resuming the PC from sleep. Win10 (latest) and iCUE 3.3.103. Only way to fix is restart.

This is exactly how my LL120 fans behave for me. The flickering only happens after coming from sleep and is fixed after a restart.

I had this problem as well since setting up my Commander, LL fans & RGB extension kit last week. I believe today I've finally shaked the issue by first going into my bios and disabling any form of fast boot. I boot off of an M.2 drive anyways so I haven't noticed a difference, then I followed both of Whiskey Lima's suggestions back to back:

I have found a solution that worked for me and a few others. Please read fully before you begin.

You will need to backup your profiles before you begin and this will reset everything in iCue as if it were the first time you used it so keep that in mind.

First uninstall iCue and tell it to remove all user settings during the uninstall process.

Next you will need to remove any left over folders as follows:

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair"

• "C:\ProgramData\Corsair"

• "C:\Users\Whisky Lima\AppData\Roaming\Corsair"

(note that your user data will not be under Whisky Lima and some of your folder locations may differ from mine)

I don't know if this is a necessary step but I then ran CCleaner to clean up the registry only. You might need to run the registry cleaner a few times to get everything and make sure you backup your registry before your begin and with each time you run the cleaner.

Once complete restart your computer and reinstall iCue. Then you can get to work, setting everything up again and import any profiles you saved.

Please note that CCleaner can cause problems if it is not used correctly and I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong. Feel free to try this without the ccleaner step if you are not sure.

Those of you still having issues can try this:

• Go to Windows Settings > System > Power & Sleep
  • Look for the "Additional Power Settings" This will bring up a second window.
  • In here click on, "Choose what the power button does"
  • Now select "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
  • Now you will see the options at the bottom come to life.
  • You will need to turn off Fast Start-up by un-checking the box.
  • Click on "Save Changes" at the bottom to finish.

This will fix the problem when you turn on the computer, but wont stop it from happening when you resume from sleep.

Please also be aware if you have a mechanical hard drive as your boot device this will make your computer boot much slower but for those with an SSD, you shouldn't notice much difference.

The Devs are aware and are working very hard to fix this problem but in the mean time this should help a little.

Now my only problem is that the performance tab disappears at boot since 3.4.95 unless I reflash the Commander bios. My fan setting are still where I set them though, they wouldn't be silent and ramp-up at gpu load otherwise.

Edited by Jesso2k

LL fans still get stuck on rainbow mode or flicker when returning from sleep on 3.4 - also as above, performance tab is missing on Comannder Pro unless firmware is reflashed.

Try stopping then restarting the Corsair Service to stop the flashing.

Simply restarting iCue brings back the missing tabs..

For now I have Windows Fast Start Up disabled which stops the flashing on start up.. as I don't use sleep I don't get it on resume....

Both bugs are being worked on as we speak.. fingers crossed the team come up with something soon Dude.

Yes hoping for a fix for the missing performance tabs soon, most of the time I forget they are not there but it will be nice to have those back again. As Zotty mentioned, a quick restart of iCue fixes that for now but the clever boys and girls behind the scenes are working on a fix :)

Despite what the Patch Notes for iCUE 3.4.95 say, this the flashing issue is NOT fixed. Still, after resuming the PC from sleep, LL fans flicker like crazy until you manually close and reopen iCUE and force stop the Corsair.Service from the Task Manager. :(

Despite what the Patch Notes for iCUE 3.4.95 say, this the flashing issue is NOT fixed. Still, after resuming the PC from sleep, LL fans flicker like crazy until you manually close and reopen iCUE and force stop the Corsair.Service from the Task Manager. :(

That's true and even if you don't have LL fans, the service seems to have difficulty restarting from sleep. This has been a long running issue going back to Link. Any time you wake from sleep, you need to check and see if Link app is registering data, fan flashing or not. I generally quit and relaunch after every sleep/wake cycle now.

That's true and even if you don't have LL fans, the service seems to have difficulty restarting from sleep. This has been a long running issue going back to Link. Any time you wake from sleep, you need to check and see if Link app is registering data, fan flashing or not. I generally quit and relaunch after every sleep/wake cycle now.

Well hopefully they know about it and its being worked on. Is "Sleep" not a popular use case these days? One I'm done using the computer I usually just put it to sleep rather than shut down. I guess I could just do a full shutdown until this is fixed.

Well hopefully they know about it and its being worked on. Is "Sleep" not a popular use case these days? One I'm done using the computer I usually just put it to sleep rather than shut down. I guess I could just do a full shutdown until this is fixed.

I think most people just keep it running or power it off, at least in the professional setting. Most people like me keep their pc at work on, so we can RDP to it. My PC at home is just powered off, even multiple times a day in some cases. Though when I turn on my PC, I am at user prompt, before I am fully seated. I love NVME m.2!

Other than a laptop, I guess I don't see much need for sleep.