Corsair Community

LL120 Fans flickering after startup

EddyJ1

Has anyone found a permanent resolution to this issue? I'm experiencing the flickering on initial startup as soon as icue starts on my 3 x LL120. I'm controlling the fans via a commanderpro.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiousity, is anyone having this issue using any adapters (molex to SATA, for example)?

I'm using a NZXT internal USB hub since my MOBO only has one USB2 connector. Used it prior to when this problem occured though. Never had any issues before.

I was having the same problem with the flickering. For whatever reason, it seems the flickering doesn't happen after startup. Now, when I set whatever lighting profile I want, it revert back to the Rainbow Wave after about 30 seconds. Nothing seems to fix this.

Thank you for the file

I tried it but i get always the message that service could not be stopped.

Do you know why?

thx Torsten

Hmm, that's interesting. When you navigate to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, is the Corsair service named any differently?

Just out of curiousity, is anyone having this issue using any adapters (molex to SATA, for example)?

I'm using this adapter here and since I've added it, in addition to the flickering, my changes to the fans only last about 30 seconds then reset to the default RGB rainbow wave.

I might have found a possible reason this problem is occuring to some.

I happen to have an Asus Maximus X code motherboard which has a LED code display which displays codes to determine possible issues with hardware.

Normally when a system is done booting the code should be 'A0' This code means that the boot sequence test was completed and the OS was given control.

Most of the time however, the display would show me a Code '40'. This means the PC awoke from a S4 sleep state. In short this is a mode which allows Windows to boot faster after a complete shutdown by saving system info and then starting from there the next time you boot your PC.

Occasionally though my motherboard WOULD properly display the 'A0' code and when it did my Corsair RGB settings would load as normal. Something it didn't do when the final code was '40'.

I think 'Icue' causes problems when waking a PC out of a sleep mode. Be it a deep sleep S4 or an ordinary sleep mode.

Luckely the S4 feature can be disabled in Windows 10. The guy in this Youtube video will explain it. I tried it and it works perfectly.

[ame]

[/ame]

There is a downside to this though. Windows 10 might boot a little slower than your used to. I personally don't think this is a big problem and I don't really notice it much either.

Also this doesn't seem to be a solution when waking from normal sleep mode. This is still a problem to me.

Hope this helps some people. It beats quiting the service in taskmanager on every startup.

EDIT: If disabling S4 in Windows settings doesn't work for you, S4 can usually be disabled in your BIOS settings as well. It can usually be found in your boot settings.

Edited by Gerder

I'm using this adapter here and since I've added it, in addition to the flickering, my changes to the fans only last about 30 seconds then reset to the default RGB rainbow wave.

Static colors on the NoPro is an issue with the current release of iCue. It's been explained in multiple posts ... to work around the issue, use Color Shift and have the colors just barely off ... for example, for all red, all the time, shift between 255,0,0 and 254,0,0.

I might have found a possible reason this problem is occuring to some.

I happen to have an Asus Maximus X code motherboard which has a LED code display which displays codes to determine possible issues with hardware.

Normally when a system is done booting the code should be 'A0' This code means that the boot sequence test was completed and the OS was given control.

Most of the time however, the display would show me a Code '40'. This means the PC awoke from a S4 sleep state. In short this is a mode which allows Windows to boot faster after a complete shutdown by saving system info and then starting from there the next time you boot your PC.

Occasionally though my motherboard WOULD properly display the 'A0' code and when it did my Corsair RGB settings would load as normal. Something it didn't do when the final code was '40'.

I think 'Icue' causes problems when waking a PC out of a sleep mode. Be it a deep sleep S4 or an ordinary sleep mode.

Luckely the S4 feature can be disabled in Windows 10. The guy in this Youtube video will explain it. I tried it and it works perfectly.

There is a downside to this though. Windows 10 might boot a little slower than your used to. I personally don't think this is a big problem and I don't really notice it much either.

Also this doesn't seem to be a solution when waking from normal sleep mode. This is still a problem to me.

Hope this helps some people. It beats quiting the service in taskmanager on every startup.

EDIT: If disabling S4 in Windows settings doesn't work for you, S4 can usually be disabled in your BIOS settings as well. It can usually be found in your boot settings.

I agree.

I figured it a while ago but didnt have an account here. The flickering in my case looked like it was switching between default led effect (when there is no app running) and the effects i chose in corsair icue. After pc restart it was always fine.

I tried to close windows by using shift + click (hard shut down) for a few days and the problem didnt occurr even once. Didn`t know there is a feature like in the video you mentioned. It saved me the trouble.

Would be nice if corsair worked on that so we wouldnt need to turn windows features off tho.

Thanks.

Please corsair finally fix this rainbow flickering!!!

My high end pc looks like a rainbow on extasy.

So much money for the fans and corsair commander pro and you get this...

Very disappointed, that it isn´t fixed till today!

Maybe a youtube demonstration will help? So much users have the same problem, so get into it and fix it!

I agree.

I figured it a while ago but didnt have an account here. The flickering in my case looked like it was switching between default led effect (when there is no app running) and the effects i chose in corsair icue. After pc restart it was always fine.

I tried to close windows by using shift + click (hard shut down) for a few days and the problem didnt occurr even once. Didn`t know there is a feature like in the video you mentioned. It saved me the trouble.

Would be nice if corsair worked on that so we wouldnt need to turn windows features off tho.

Thanks.

Need to correct myself.

Sadly the flickering still occurs. Less frequently but still...

Same issue here, got 6 LL120s linked to a lighting node pro. On startup they flicker between my iCue profile and the rainbow setting they default to, when i restart my computer they seem to work normally. When you give them a static colour command on iCue they follow instructions for about 30s then just change back to the rainbow effect. Only way I've found around this is to use the 'colour shift' lighting effect and set both the colours to almost identical apart from one number.. Slightly annoying :[pouts::[pouts::[pouts:

Cool I am not alone as my LL Fans will flicker like mad as I would get this issue coming out of sleep mode. The only way to for me to solve this is do a fresh restart or just don't let the computer go into sleep mode. What I am thinking in sleep mode the USB2 ports turn off so fans LED's go back to default rainbow colour. Then on restart out of sleep mode the conflict happens with iCUE sending the LL fans into Flickr Mode... Is there anyone else LL fans do this on sleep mode as well... I did a fresh install of Windows just to make sure it wasn't Mystic Light conflict from MSI as I did not install it this time..

I have been having the same issue with my LL120 fans. I have 9 LL120 fans and 1 LL140 fan. Doesn't matter what lighting profile I put on the flickering is static. Restarting the computer sometimes fixes it but most of the time the flickering is still present.

I ended up reverting back to the normal corsair utility software and the corsair link software. Since reverting back to the older software I haven't had the flickering issues at all. This sucks because I also miss out on a lot of features that the icue software provides including setting all my lighting in one place instead of having to set some lighting profiles with the link software and the rest inside the corsair utility.

Corsair you need to fix this fast. Everyone here has spent a ton of money on these products only to be aggravated with the annoying issues.

Echoing what others have said.

I have 4 x LL120's connected to a Node Pro which is then connected to a Commander Pro. The LL120's always default to the rainbow effect upon first boot up of my PC. The 2 x RGB strips connected to the other Commander channel work perfectly fine. My go to fix is doing a windows Restart and everything works fine from there. Otherwise, my fans actually try to superimpose whatever lighting effect i want PLUS the rainbow effect. Setting instant lighting to black (all off) turns off my keyboard, strips, but the fans keep going.

Still seems to be an issue in the 3.3 release. My issue seems to stem from returning from sleep. Fans go into a seizure mode where they rapidly seem to switch from rainbow->whatever current mode is selected. 4 LL fans connected to a Commander Pro.

Only way to solve it is kill the Corsair service, which lets it return to normal.

i made a very simple basic task in windows task scheduler, trigger at log on of any user (for when it wakes up from sleep), action - start a program "net" argument "stop CorsairService"

i have the service set to restart on failures, so it just restarts after it stops